"Speed up" at GUZ a reality?

I just called the Dept. of State number to check on our visa status (I call about once a week) and learned that my wife is "eligible for an interview". The representative stated this means that all necessary forms and checks have been completed (I presume this means including the "second name check", but she could not definitively state that as a fact).

However, she also informed me that due to the volume of visa applications at Guangzhou, we should not expect our interview date to be sooner than nine months after the case was sent to GUZ. It was sent on 08/18/05.

Is it possible we will have to wait until April or May, 2006 for an interview date? That would make it 14 or 15 months from the date we first appplied. Our "visa center" was Vermont.

Does this time frame seem "normal"? I really thought our interview was just around the corner. Is there somewhere else I should be contacting to get more up-to-date or better information?

I just called the Dept. of State number to check on our visa status (I call about once a week) and learned that my wife is "eligible for an interview".  The representative stated this means that all necessary forms and checks have been completed (I presume this means including the "second name check", but she could not definitively state that as a fact).

However, she also informed me that due to the volume of visa applications at Guangzhou, we should not expect our interview date to be sooner than nine months after the case was sent to GUZ.  It was sent on 08/18/05.

Is it possible we will have to wait until April or May, 2006 for an interview date?  That would make it 14 or 15 months from the date we first appplied.  Our "visa center" was Vermont.

Does this time frame seem "normal"?  I really thought our interview was just around the corner.  Is there somewhere else I should be contacting to get more up-to-date or better information?

165493[/snapback]

Let me guess it:

You will receive the appointment letter this month.

And,

the interview will be in December or January.

I am 90% sure about this.

Best wishes!

I just called the Dept. of State number to check on our visa status (I call about once a week) and learned that my wife is "eligible for an interview".  The representative stated this means that all necessary forms and checks have been completed (I presume this means including the "second name check", but she could not definitively state that as a fact).

However, she also informed me that due to the volume of visa applications at Guangzhou, we should not expect our interview date to be sooner than nine months after the case was sent to GUZ.  It was sent on 08/18/05.

Is it possible we will have to wait until April or May, 2006 for an interview date?  That would make it 14 or 15 months from the date we first appplied.  Our "visa center" was Vermont.

Does this time frame seem "normal"?  I really thought our interview was just around the corner.  Is there somewhere else I should be contacting to get more up-to-date or better information?

165493[/snapback]

I called the DOS in Mid October and they told me that all the security checks were done

I thought that we would have to wait about 4 months for an interview but it's been less than 2 months

So keep your fingers crossed

Has your wife recieved her P-3 package yet ?

165493[/snapback]

Hey Wally:

Don't lose hope, brother. The last coorespondence I had with the Embassy assured me that my lao po was still (quote) "several months" from her interview date. Three weeks later, she had it. So it might not be as far off as you (or they) think.

Keep the faith.

Fred

Boy, our friends on the CLF have made me feel a lot better! Of course, I realize it may still take the nine months they said, but I see I have some reason to be hopeful.

Thanks so much to all of you who have offered your comments and encouragement.

I am almost certain we received our P-3, (see our time line) and that the interview scheduling and receipt of the P-4 are all that remains.

When the big day comes I am confident Zhenshu will charm them in Guangzhou the way she charmed me -- she has the most captivating and even compelling personality.

Boy, our friends on the CLF have made me feel a lot better!  Of course, I realize it may still take the nine months they said, but I see I have some reason to be hopeful.

Thanks so much to all of you who have offered your comments and encouragement.

I am almost certain we received our P-3, (see our time line) and that the interview scheduling and receipt of the P-4 are all that remains.

When the big day comes I am confident Zhenshu will charm them in Guangzhou the way she charmed me -- she has the most captivating and even compelling personality.

165782[/snapback]

Wally,

Best wishes to you and your wife... we are all hopeful you will have your interview soon....