Required Security Check....

Guest ShaQuaNew

Guest ShaQuaNew

For those that do not know, my I-129F petition was delayed while undergoing required security check. Once a petition enters this area it's virtually impossible to find out what is going on and it often stems to extended delays of weeks and months, and in extreme cases years.

This is the nightmare I've been living for the last several weeks. Today, I called USCIS and spoke to a live person who told me that the Security Check was now complete and I should receive notification in the next few days as to whether the petition was approved or denied. Of course, neither my SO nor I can think of any reason that it should be denied, but at least this part of it's done. Now, it's just a few more days needles to hear from them....

:) :) :(

trying to smile, but hard to till I hear APPROVED

For those that do not know, my I-129F petition was delayed while undergoing required security check. Once a petition enters this area it's virtually impossible to find out what is going on and it often stems to extended delays of weeks and months, and in extreme cases years.

This is the nightmare I've been living for the last several weeks. Today, I called USCIS and spoke to a live person who told me that the Security Check was now complete and I should receive notification in the next few days as to whether the petition was approved or denied. Of course, neither my SO nor I can think of any reason that it should be denied, but at least this part of it's done. Now, it's just a few more days needles to hear from them....

:)  :)  :(

160361[/snapback]

APPROVED!

APPROVED!

APPROVED!

160361[/snapback]

Go ahead and smile :D - every step forward is progress. I try to look at the next step in the process and focus on it, and not think too much on what's to follow the next step. I hope all will go well for you.

Hang in there Jessie, you are at a good point, the name check can get extended sometimes, you're past it now... relax and grab some more cheetos...