USA Visa Information Phone #

Well...

I should have known all along... after waiting out the processes of California to NVC to GUZ, P-3 and P-4 to interview day to blue slip to................ aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! :o

Called the Visa Information line after getting a pin # for $6.50. Had to wait to call because of the holiday schedule and all. The first call was funny... went through the voice system and was told to press 1 for immigrant visa to USA or 2 for visitor. I would press 1 and the same message would come on again and again so I hung up to try in a few minutes. Called my SO in the meantime because she went back working for now until we get this whole thing finished and she said maybe busy because it is time for interviews and such. (This is why I love her so much... common sense) :P

Did I listen??? Nope... got right back on that dang phone because I am a glutton for punishment.

Got to that same point again and this time was put in the queue!!! After keying in my pin number and being told by an recorded female voice... (by the way... her English was very good...) that I was starting my 12 minutes only to be told 2 minutes later that no one was able to help me on the English line and to try my call LAY TAH-CLICK :lol:

So.... I am staying up till 12 midnight on my only day off in 17 days... to be punished some more... At least the Angels are winning!!!

Anyway, I am planning on getting my airplane ticket as soon as I secure an interview overcome date. I am hoping they will be able to schedule Lucy for November 3rd or 4th as this is ideal travel time in the industry... before the holiday crush starts! I am prayin' and ah prayin'

If not... Christmas in China... New Years in Nanning... Ground Hogs in Guangzhou... I am prepared to wait some more... with plenty of mouthwash beside me!!!

Everyone take care... and God Bless!

This is how I see my telephone call from a humorous perspective

GUZ official: "Mr. Petitioner...Please choose Hoop #1, Hoop #2 or Hoop #3"

Me: "I choose Hoop #3" (gargle gargle swish swish)

GUZ official: "I'm sorry but that is the wrong choice of Hoops to jump through... You need to try your call later when you choose the right Hoop to jump through"

Here is the skinny on the call:

I talked to a very pleasant gentleman and he was willing to schedule the appointment for me but said I needed Lucy's Chinese I.D. card number and her Chinese passport number to proceed. He did assure me, however, that I will have no problem getting an interview date during my planned travel there. The open dates right now starts on October 17th.

For the record;

The email I received back from GUZ said this:

"Be prepared to provide the primary applicant name in pin yin and case number."

Unless my English skills have diminished, I see no where in this email about Chinese I.D. card or passport numbers.

At least there is light at the end of the tunnel and I have made progress.

:rolleyes:

Edited by esun41 (see edit history)

Even if you fall on your face you are still going forward. I find it reprehensible that our govt is in the 900 number type phone scam to give us information they should be giving us for the tax dollars paid. Regardless you have the right attitude Eric. Keep at em with the mouthwash and gargle approach. I truly wish you luck.

and smile........ :)

Hi there,

When You get the appointment time, they will give you a confirmation number.  You will need her passport #, id card #, case number, and her birthdate to schedule the 2nd appointment to submit your overcome evidence. We submitted ours yesterday. The lady on the phone will try to get you off as quickly as possible.  she will ask if you have any other questions for her.  You will need your blue paper, the confirmation code that she gave you for the 2nd appointment, and your SO's passport for the 2nd interview.  She will not see a visa officer but a Chinese work in the U.s. consulate to receive the overcome documentation. I wish you all the luck in the world.  Take care.

christer

159844[/snapback]

A chinese worker ?

I would assume all that person does is to take your overcome documents ?

I would hope that you would have some kind of interveiw with a VO or the equivalent who can decide on the facts and issue you the much deserved red slip

Anyway

be positive

keep your breath fresh and Sweet

and

GOD Speed to You

Thanks for all the advice.

I have the confirmation number and the interview date and time set. I have all the information required and will be there with Lucy to submit the evidence. Already purchased my plane ticket and will send off tomorrow for my Chinese Visa to travel.

All that is needed now is God's will and time to past quickly so we can finally have closure.

I can't help but wonder if I should have been there for the first interview and if that would have made any difference but have reserved myself to just move forward with Lucy and this circumstance.

Thanks again to all!

Eric

I can't help but wonder if I should have been there for the first interview and if that would have made any difference but have reserved myself to just move forward with Lucy and this circumstance.

I know how you feel Eric, but don't beat yourself up too bad over it. When Bing had her interview we decided to save our money and vacation time to have a honeymoon. I was going to pick her up at the airport in San Francisco and we were going to spend a week driving up the coast seeing the redwoods and stuff. The worst part was I knew that she was nervous lonely and afraid in GZ. She really needed me then and I wasn't there for her. I have wrestled this demon for a year and a half and have finally come to grips with it. This is why I am such a strong advocate of being there for the interview. After all what could be more important than being there for the woman you are going to spend the rest of your life with when she needs you? We made it though and so will you Eric. Hang in there and you will prevail.

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)

I know how you feel Eric, but don't beat yourself up too bad over it. When Bing had her interview we decided to save our money and vacation time to have a honeymoon. I was going to pick her up at the airport in San Francisco and we were going to spend a week driving up the coast seeing the redwoods and stuff. The worst part was I knew that she was nervous lonely and afraid in GZ. She really needed me then and I wasn't there for her. I have wrestled this demon for a year and a half and have finally come to grips with it. This is why I am such a strong advocate of being there for the interview. After all what could be more important than being there for the woman you are going to spend the rest of your life with when she needs you? We made it though and so will you Eric. Hang in there and you will prevail.

159980[/snapback]

Carl,

I was busy making wedding plans and getting things in order here at home. There was no doubt in my mind we would succeed the first go round. I guess I was too comfortable and when the denial hit... It was like I started to second guess my decision. I feel God had His plan for us and in a way... it will be great to see all my friends In Nanning that I may not see for many years to come. It also is a chance for us to say goodbye together to all her family and friends as well.

It's all good... we are stronger in this adversity. Makes it all that much sweeter!

Eric