Finally, they're doing something.

Just got an email from CSC.  It said they mailed me a reciept asking for more evidence, or information.  I can't think of anything I left out.  Passport pics, marriage translation, Bio's,...  I guess I'll find out when it gets here.  At least some one is working on it now.

Maybe it's because I didn't send them my first born. :ok:

157418[/snapback]

With an NOA1 dated April 6, 2005, my I-130 was just approved on September 21. You would've been approved too but for the piece of missing info.

Out of desperation, I went ahead and filed the I-129f on September 12 and this might be approved within 2 weeks, judging from the activity on my application.

Maybe you should consider doing same!?

I took appr. one month to fill out, and go over forms. I called USCIS 5 times, to make sure I did everything to their satisfaction. I sent no more, no less, than they asked for. I still can't believe they never mentioned the K3 in all our conversations.

It got down to the point, that my wifes passport pics, that were taken at a Chinese Police station, add a colored background. I had her go to a private studio, to have them taken.

It will be interesting to see what the problem is. Hell, what's another month or two. :angry:

you know the drill by now..... do as Don suggests...... and good luck to you

Boy am I ever sympathetic to what you're going through. Same thing happened to me! It took forever for CSC to even notify me of my RFE. I was so mad I could be fit to be tied because I knew I had included everything they needed. Just to make sure, I looked again at the copies of the petition I sent and, OMG, there it was...I had not sent in both of our divorce papers. We went through that drill when we were married so I didn't think it was needed....WRONG! When the RFE finally came, that was what it was...I sent them and two weeks later our case was approved. I beat the livin' crap out of myself for about a week.

Only advice I can give is once you learn what the reason for the RFE was, avoid looking at mirrors for awhile. Good luck!

Dave :huh:

I think I might have found a problem. My wife put down her apartment as where she has been residing for last four years. Then went below, put down family farm as an address. Didn't put in any dates, as in, from her birth date, untill she moved into last apartment. It seems I told her to do that. Untill I had the time to call USCIS again. Looks like I let at least one slip through the cracks.

It will be interesting to see how much more I might have missed :) ;)

Edited by obxtrainman (see edit history)

trainman: I hope it's something simple like forgetting to sign your name!!

I think the #1 cause of peoples tax returns being returned is because they forgot to sign them! I know I was in the post offfice waiting in line with my tax returns fresh off the printer and sealed in their envelopes when I realized that I had checked and double checked every entry but didn't remember getting out the pen and signing them!!! Opened them and sure enough, forgot to sign!!!! :o :o :o

Oh, and when we filed our I-129, there were a few small inconsistencies that they didn't catch!!! B)

Good luck!

Edited by cosmiclobster (see edit history)
Don't stress this..  there is something on a form missing or questioned.. possibly something missing.  This is easy to resolve once you get notified.  Return as quickly as possible with tracking.

Put a cover letter to state what you are providing back.  Short and simple... and you'll be back on track...

157777[/snapback]

Don't forget to include your case number on the envelope and cover letter if it is not already there.

I had recieved an email saying the notice was mailed on the 27th, still nothing.

Maybe I shouldn't have sent that nasty gram to Bush, or the one to NVC either. Of course I did finally get the first "touch" within one week of emailing NVC. I'm sure it is all a coincidence. But one does have to wonder.

As per thier email, I cannot not contact them for 14 days. Another two weeks of waiting. Let's see, then there's my mail man who frequently screws up my mail with two other households. I know he delivered my passport to the wrong house, but won't admit it.

I haven't slept more than an hour at a time since informed of the RFE. I don't know how much more of this I can take.

182 days and counting.

I had recieved an email saying the notice was mailed on the 27th,  still nothing.

Maybe I shouldn't have sent that nasty gram to Bush, or the one to NVC either.  Of course I did finally get the  first "touch" within one week of emailing NVC.  I'm sure it is all a coincidence.  But one does have to wonder.

As per thier email, I cannot not contact them for 14 days. Another two weeks of waiting.  Let's see, then there's my mail man who frequently screws up my mail with two other households. I know he delivered my passport to the wrong house, but won't admit it.

I haven't slept more than an hour at a time since informed of the RFE. I don't know how much more of this I can take.

182 days and counting.

158266[/snapback]

Your NOA2 is really taking a long time, more than five months! Maybe you should have lived in the Northeast, becasue VSC is faster. You still have a long time way to go: NVC, Guangzhou costoms clearance delay, name check, interview lineup, etc. It is going to be an exhaustive process.

I would give a few more days for REF. Even though the notice was said to be mailed on the 27th, it could be actually mailed a few days later. Get some sleep.

I had recieved an email saying the notice was mailed on the 27th,  still nothing.

Maybe I shouldn't have sent that nasty gram to Bush, or the one to NVC either.  Of course I did finally get the  first "touch" within one week of emailing NVC.  I'm sure it is all a coincidence.  But one does have to wonder.

As per thier email, I cannot not contact them for 14 days. Another two weeks of waiting.  Let's see, then there's my mail man who frequently screws up my mail with two other households. I know he delivered my passport to the wrong house, but won't admit it.

182 days and counting.

158266[/snapback]

Your NOA2 is really taking a long time, more than five months! Maybe you should have lived in the Northeast, becasue VSC is faster. You still have a long time way to go: NVC, Guangzhou costoms clearance delay, name check, interview lineup, etc. It is going to be an exhaustive process.

I would give a few more days for REF. Even though the notice was said to be mailed on the 27th, it could be actually mailed a few days later. Get some sleep.

158270[/snapback]

I Should have lived in the northeast :o

I'm orginally from west Virginia, I live 60 miles from the Virginia border. Both of which would have put me through VSC.

These would be two of the reasons I cannot sleep. OH, did I mention mine started out in Texas, then moved because they were backlogged. Now I have seen where Texas has approved cases over a month, that they received two months after transferring mine. :blink: :vava: :Dah: :vava: :o :vava: :)

Just got an email from CSC.  It said they mailed me a reciept asking for more evidence, or information.  I can't think of anything I left out.  Passport pics, marriage translation, Bio's,...  I guess I'll find out when it gets here.  At least some one is working on it now.

Maybe it's because I didn't send them my first born. :o

157418[/snapback]

It's been ten days now, still no RFE. I called uscis number. Actually talked to a nice Chinese lady. She asked about my mail delivery. I told her about how my mail man is always screwing up my mail. We talked about how it should only take 4, to 5 days to get here from cal. Then she told me to call back after it had been the full 14 days.

While I had her on the line, I asked her about how come all the differences in the timelines. She told me they had been backlogged. she said the new cases comming in will be much faster. I asked her why my case was moved from texas to cal,,,to help them, they were backlogged. I said, but now they , Texas has approved the same kind of case, that they recieved after moving mine. Her reply, I have to go now.

Boy am I ever sympathetic to what you're going through.  Same thing happened to me!  It took forever for CSC to even notify me of my RFE.  I was so mad I could be fit to be tied because I knew I had included everything they needed.  Just to make sure, I looked again at the copies of the petition I sent and, OMG, there it was...I had not sent in both of our divorce papers.  We went through that drill when we were married so I didn't think it was needed....WRONG!  When the RFE finally came, that was what it was...I sent them and two weeks later our case was approved.  I beat the livin' crap out of myself for about a week.

Only advice I can give is once you learn what the reason for the RFE was, avoid looking at mirrors for awhile.  Good luck!

Dave  :o

157523[/snapback]

A comment in regards to divorce papers, I sent just the copy showing that the divorce was final, they actually needed the part showing the judge's signature granting the divorce. I sent them my whole package, which consisted of around 30 pages just to make sure they had everything. That was all they needed, a slight delay in my timeframe.

Maybe it's because I didn't send them my first born. :o

157418[/snapback]

It's been ten days now, still no RFE. I called uscis number. Actually talked to a nice Chinese lady. She asked about my mail delivery. I told her about how my mail man is always screwing up my mail. We talked about how it should only take 4, to 5 days to get here from cal. Then she told me to call back after it had been the full 14 days.

While I had her on the line, I asked her about how come all the differences in the timelines. She told me they had been backlogged. she said the new cases comming in will be much faster. I asked her why my case was moved from texas to cal,,,to help them, they were backlogged. I said, but now they , Texas has approved the same kind of case, that they recieved after moving mine. Her reply, I have to go now.

159041[/snapback]

Now at 15 days after email notice of RFE. I was just told, it no longer says rfe. Maybe it was a mistake. It says here you were mailed out your requested information on the 7th.

I tell her, The lady I talked to on friday, told me there was nothing she could do. Wait untill the 14 days.

Now there is an update on my case, 10 oct. It says you were sent the information you requested. Do not call again untill after 30 days.

Is my chain being pulled, did they black ball me because of the emails?

Ai yi ai, what have I done.