Waiting too long for P4??

Hi, I am concerned that our visa process is going a bit too slow. I saw timeline's (Mark) projected P3-P4 dates for my case, and it seems we are a few weeks overdue, according to his projections. I emailed GZ a few weeks ago, and they basically said that I need to "wait", as expected. Is our name in name check?? I asked GZ that, and they did not reply to that part of my email. Also, who can I contact to get a status? DOS or FBI?? Sorry, I'm confused now because I don't get much free time to pay attention to these helpful forums. Does anyone have the correct phone numbers??

Also, I don't see a search function anymore, am I missing something or has it been removed??

TIA!

Call & send a Registerd & Certified Letter to your Senator & Congressman. Explain to them the situation, send them copies of all of your info that you submitted along with any proof that you have to support your claim.

Once you know that they have recieved it, Pester the Hell out of them. Email, Phone, what ever. This will let them know that you are not going to go away until you get results.

As long as you follow the rules, your so should only have One question to answer: How many times has your Fieance come to visit you? XX

Congradulations, Visa Granted ;)

I can understand your concerns. You should keep in mind that based on previous data you are not too slow yet, and fall easily within the average range of the wait times for a November interview. Based on the last three P4 sets, it appears we could possibly expect the next P4s to start next week. October CFL interview times from P3 to Interview ranged from 127 to 262 days of wait and an average of 172 days. A mid-November Interview would put you right at that average.

The main question I would think you want answered is concerning the name check. One way to get this information is to call DOS at 1-202-663-1225 and press 1 then 0 then 0. Have all the information handy like your GUZ number, beneficiary name and birthdate (all the information on your NOA2). I would ask the question "Can you tell me when the name check was completed?" and if a clear answer is not happening, "Are we waiting to be scheduled for an Interview?". You could also try this with GUZ email, as usually they have a tendency to send a certain generic response that make it appear that the name check is complete and your can expect an interview in a few months. This usually means a week or two later you get the P4.(Just kidding, but it often happens this way.)

I don't think it is time to worry yet, unless you have definite information that you are waiting for a name check.

Edited by nooneufo (see edit history)
I can understand your concerns. You should keep in mind that based on previous data you are not too slow yet, and fall easily within the average range of the wait times for a November interview.  Based on the last three P4 sets, it appears we could possibly expect the next P4s to start next week. October CFL interview times from P3 to Interview ranged from 127 to 262 days of wait and an average of 172 days. A mid-November Interview would put you right at that average.

The main question I would think you want answered is concerning the name check. One way to get this information is to call DOS at 1-202-663-1225 and press 1 then 0 then 0. Have all the information handy like your GUZ number, beneficiary name and birthdate (all the information on your NOA2). I would ask the question "Can you tell me when the name check was completed?" and if a clear answer is not happening, "Are we waiting to be scheduled for an Interview?". You could also try this with GUZ email, as usually they have a tendency to send a certain generic response that make it appear that the name check is complete and your can expect an interview in a few months. This usually means a week or two later you get the P4.(Just kidding, but it often happens this way.)

I don't think it is time to worry yet, unless you have definite information that you are waiting for a name check.

155875[/snapback]

Thanks guys. B)

Hi, I am concerned that our visa process is going a bit too slow. I saw timeline's (Mark) projected P3-P4 dates for my case, and it seems we are a few weeks overdue, according to his projections. I emailed GZ a few weeks ago, and they basically said that I need to "wait", as expected. Is our name in name check?? I asked GZ that, and they did not reply to that part of my email. Also, who can I contact to get a status? DOS or FBI?? Sorry, I'm confused now because I don't get much free time to pay attention to these helpful forums. Does anyone have the correct phone numbers??

Also, I don't see a search function anymore, am I missing something or has it been removed??

TIA!

155844[/snapback]

Ours was forwarded May 27. They say it is 6 months for the process from P3 sent to P4 received and interview.

We applied starting July 2004. This process requires patience. Looks like you applied this January.

Hang in there!

rrylee call DOS and see if GUZ mailed it out yet. If they did then ask them for the date. DOS usually gives the letter date (not necessarily the actual mailing date). From the date add at least a week for mailing. If you get the date from DOS and it has pass the estimated mailing time contact GUZ to resend theP4.

rrylee call DOS and see if GUZ mailed it out yet. If they did then ask them for the date. DOS usually gives the letter date (not necessarily the actual mailing date). From the date add at least a week for mailing. If you get the date from DOS and it has pass the estimated mailing time contact GUZ to resend theP4.

155999[/snapback]

GUZ emailed me that it was sent last week. Should get it any day now I expect. If not we will surely contact them and get them to resend it.

155999[/snapback]

GUZ emailed me that it was sent last week. Should get it any day now I expect. If not we will surely contact them and get them to resend it.

156012[/snapback]

I would stay on top of this !!!!!! It took EMS only 2 days to move Ying's P4 from Guangzhou to Beijing. Don't forget GUZ has 4 non-working days in early Oct.

TIA!

155844[/snapback]

Yeah, I feel for you. But just be patient bro. Theres nothing you can do. So just try and relax, and dont stress out.

I've also run into the same thing! It's hard just sitting and waiting and hearing nothing. I called DOS a couple of days ago and they indicated that our name checks are complete GZ is just waiting to receive the hardcopy of paperwork. HMMM... :P Must be sitting in the truck waiting to be filled. :P YES I guess patience is required! Stay strong :D

I've also run into the same thing! It's hard just sitting and waiting and hearing nothing. I called DOS a couple of days ago and they indicated that our name checks are complete GZ is just waiting to receive the hardcopy of paperwork. HMMM... <_<  Must be sitting in the truck waiting to be filled. :sleep1:  YES I guess patience is required! Stay strong  :)

156491[/snapback]

Hi, Wolf190:

Are you sure that the name check for your spouse is done? Guangzhou has not even the hardcopy of your case. I heard there are different level of name checks. Is Guangzhou changing the practice (starting name check earlier) or are you mis-informed? I hope the former is true.

Update:

We were already sent the P4 packet...I have a new address, and for some reason the post office failed to forward it to my address, and unfortunately for some reason she has not recieved her P4 in China yet due to some unforseen reason. She is scheduled for her interview on October 31st.

Actually, I CAN be in GZ at that time, what is the benefit of the petitioner being around at the interview time?? If things go wrong, can I actually do something about it while I am there??

Thanks.

Update:

We were already sent the P4 packet...I have a new address, and for some reason the post office failed to forward it to my address, and unfortunately for some reason she has not recieved her P4 in China yet due to some unforseen reason. She is scheduled for her interview on October 31st.

Actually, I CAN be in GZ at that time, what is the benefit of the petitioner being around at the interview time?? If things go wrong, can I actually do something about it while I am there??

Thanks.

157715[/snapback]

You should send GZ an e-mail and politely inform them that your fiancee has not yet received her appointment packet (P4). Make sure you let the consulate know that the P4 was sent on such and such a date and that the interview is already scheduled for October 31. Request that they promptly send another P4 to her and provide them with her address.

Forget about your getting the P4. Focus on making sure she gets the packet.