SURFS UP!!!!!!! SEPT WAVE IS IN!!&

Called my ever so HAPPY SO last night at 10pm to find out the GOOD NEWS!!! SHE PASSED with flying colors!!!!... She told me it lasted about 30sec to 1 minute!!...She was asked only 6 questions and asked to see only 1 document.. here were the questions asked.

Who is your petitioner for your visa?

Where does he come from?

What does he do for a living?

How long has he worked at his job?

Do you have the employment letter from his company?

How do you two communicate?

She showed them my letter from my company I work for.. Thats the ONLY paper the VO wanted to see... Nothing else...MY SO speaks excellent English so that was never a problem.

She said she was all SMILES when the officer told her she passed.

As for the Communist Party concerns.... Never brought up from the officer even though she answered YES on the GNI-2 form in both places. But she did write in small print next to her answer, "for work" My advice to all the newbies....Prepare your P1 well...include LOTS of photos in your initial filing.. inlcude a lengthy letters of how you both met and how you plan on getting married.. I really believe that your P1 plays alot into their final decision... Now she celebrates and decides how long she will stay and visit family before coming home.. I will meet her plane in California when she does and we will both fly back to Texas sometime in October..

By the way, my poor SO had with her about 8lbs of ICQ messeges, phone records and phonecard records, another 100 photos, a dozen emails, a few cards, tax papers, birth papers, divorce paper from myself. etc,

P.S. They never asked to see my passport from her and I wasnt there with her. I couldnt be there with her for the interview because of work.

:rolleyes: :wub: :angry: :) :king: :) :)

Edited by Steve and Qingqing (see edit history)

I would also agree with the comment to include as much as you can with the initial P1. I think this makes things a lot easier througout the whole process.

I had included a detailed 2 page letter of intent to marry with my P1. it included details of how we met, how we decided to get married, and when we hoped to get married. (even though we missed this date because of the long wait it was not a problem)

the P1 papers are also included with the Visa packet that we brought back with us to Chicago. I noticed the papers, along with the photos we had originally included. Now these papers are on their way someone, so maybe they play a role in getting the Adjustment of status as well.

Wonderful news!!!! Congratulations, keep us posted on her home coming!!

Called my ever so HAPPY SO last night at 10pm to find out the GOOD NEWS!!! SHE PASSED with flying colors!!!!... She told me it lasted about 30sec to 1 minute!!...She was asked only 6 questions and asked to see only 1 document.. here were the questions asked.

Who is your petitioner for your visa?

Where does he come from?

What does he do for a living?

How long has he worked at his job?

Do you have the employment letter from his company?

How do you two communicate?

153636[/snapback]

Congratulations and best of luck with the homecoming!!

Thanks for the f/b on the interview questions!!

I think the 8 #'s of paper makes an impression of being prepared with the VO, so it's worth it to have a smooth and successful interview, even though it seems like a lot of work for naught.

Best of luck!!

YIPPEE-SKIPPEE :(

Congrats... now relax and enjoy!!!