SO insisted we had to be the first one in line today to pickup the visa!! So we got to China post at 7:30 and waited in front of the door with the sign stating that is where to form the queue. At 8:30 they opened the door on the opposite side and 40 Chinese people raced to the machine to get their number. My SO managed to get number 3 and we were done by 9:07. But she was mad not to be #1 after waiting an hour :clapping:

Then went to medical center on Shamain Is to get vaccinations.

Now enjoying her parents home in Yantai. Saw some writing on a restroom wall that said "Dan R was here" wonder who that could have been :clapping:

SO insisted we had to be the first one in line today to pickup the visa!! So we got to China post at 7:30 and waited in front of the door with the sign stating that is where to form the queue.  At 8:30 they opened the door on the opposite side and 40 Chinese people raced to the machine to get their number. My SO managed to get number 3 and we were done by 9:07.  But she was mad not to be #1 after waiting an hour B)

Then went to medical center on Shamain Is to get vaccinations.

Now enjoying her parents home in Yantai. Saw some writing on a restroom wall that said "Dan R was here"  wonder who that could have been :P

152874[/snapback]

What about that Dan?

BP, Congrats.... ha ha... Dan's left his mark in lots of spots......

Congratulations Paul and welcome to Yantai. As I am sure your future

in-laws can attest, and as you may know yourself from being here previously, Yantai is a beautiful city and there are quite a few splendid sights to see. My fiancee and I will be here for a few more days before heading to Guangzhou, but if you need anything while in town send me a private mesage and I'll give you my mobile. Congratulations to you both again and good luck!!

Guest ShaQuaNew

:toot::redblob::clapping:CONGRATULATIONS! :D:clapping::toot: Paul....

You know, the pushing and shoving that most Chinese engage is quite foreign to us Americans. I was bad once in China while waiting for a subway. I had positioned myself right at the corner of where the door was to open and sure enough a young chinese fella was positioning himself behind me so he could shoot the gap between me and the door. Sensing him back there I waited for the door to open and casually raised my foot as he pushed by. He squeezed by me and quickly found a seat on the floor face first.

Whoops.....