GIV-24 document

Hi All,

Can somebody please explain to me about this GIV-24 document where it asks for the "Standard Telegraphic Code"??? The attorney is telling me that we need to enter this code and that my wife may know how to do it - she has no idea what it is..... I understand that the name has some kind of code??? Please advise!!!

Her name is "Luoyadan" if anybody has access to these codes...

(Broken down Luo Ya Dan)

Thannks,

Scott

m-coon

Guest ShaQuaNew
Someone (I think myself and someone else) has also posted links to the actual code sheets. If you have trouble finding this, let me know - I can find it later on for you.

152718[/snapback]

Q.1.21 Chinese Telegraph Code?

A.1.21.1

For each Chinese word, there is a standard (4 digits) Chinese telegraphic code. Tell your fiancee go to the following web-site http://www.6532.net/Sampleform/dianbao.htm

enter her name one word at a time in Chinese, then it gives you the Chinese telegraphic code.

Go here: http://www.tigtag.com/community/whatsnew.asp

At the bottom right corner, you can enter the hanzi characters for the name (one character at a time) and get the telegraphic code (number) for the character. In olden times, these numeric codes were used to ensure that we stupid westerners could understand a person's name.

If you can't access the website, I have a pdf file with the codes, but you'll still have to know the Chinese characters. Most larger post offices in China also have the telegraphic code book.

Hi All,

Can somebody please explain to me about this GIV-24 document where it asks for the "Standard Telegraphic Code"??? The attorney is telling me that we need to enter this code and that my wife may know how to do it - she has no idea what it is..... I understand that the name has some kind of code??? Please advise!!!

Her name is "Luoyadan" if anybody has access to these codes...

(Broken down Luo Ya Dan)

Thannks,

Scott

m-coon

152713[/snapback]

i think she can get the Standard Telegraphic Code in 'China Telecom Co.'.they have a booklet for you to look for your SO'a name. i did this when i filled out my P3.