Shipping Goods from China

Guest ShaQuaNew

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We determined they were too expensive for us, so we have used none of them.

156947[/snapback]

So, what alternative method did you select for shipping goods from China if the numbers you posted were too expensive?

156950[/snapback]

We just didn't ship anything. We do need to call the airlines and find out how much it costs to bring an extra bag. But for big items, she just has to sell what she can and give the rest away.

Guest ShaQuaNew
We just didn't ship anything.  We do need to call the airlines and find out how much it costs to bring an extra bag.  But for big items, she just has to sell what she can and give the rest away.

158198[/snapback]

Most airlines charge substantially more that any other alternative shipping method when you are overweight. If you have more than will fit in your alloted number of bags while remaining within your airlines weight restrictions, you may want to either consider leaving it there or finding an alternative shipping method.

Good luck... :D

• 5 months later...

Jesse,

Here's a piece of info for you.

I sent a package in December 2004 that just arrived... back to my home yesterday!!!

It was intact and my kids loved the clothes I sent them that they should have received a YEAR AGO when they still lived in Nanning. :alldone:

Be wise in my opinion and do not ship anything of value...

Eric

By the way... this 3 pound package I shipped cost me $14 in 2004

Guest ShaQuaNew
Jesse,

Here's a piece of info for you.

I sent a package in December 2004 that just arrived... back to my home yesterday!!!

It was intact and my kids loved the clothes I sent them that they should have received a YEAR AGO when they still lived in Nanning. :alldone:

Be wise in my opinion and do not ship anything of value...

Eric

By the way... this 3 pound package I shipped cost me $14 in 2004

199204[/snapback]

Eric, this is something that has concerned me. I've often wondered about this thread in that it's gotten very little feedback from those that shipped small amounts of things from China, via China post. We've now shipped a total of four boxes in the last several days, which we were told would travel via ship, and arrive in 30-60 days......

What would concern me is if you ever been to a China Post... and I am sure you have... to see the chaos in that place would help me decide not to send anything. I had lost a bag while in transit at GUZ. Air China found the bag and was to have it mailed to me.

Haven't heard hide nor hare since.

There is great risk involved here. If you are intending for your SO's belongings to accompany her to the USA, reconsider this. It's only stuff. (i.e. Furniture, stereo, TV etc...) This stuff can be replaced and most electronics have different electric anyway.

Lucy brought her necessary... She didn't even flinch.

Well my wife shipped something back at the endo of janurary and it has yet to show up. It was just clothes mainly but when it gets here I will post here.

My Wife wants to bring some funiture and appliances over. Yes that includes her Wok and Knives! I have an electric stove so she may not approve of that.

Edited by Chad (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew
What would concern me is if you ever been to a China Post... and I am sure you have... to see the chaos in that place would help me decide not to send anything. I had lost a bag while in transit at GUZ. Air China found the bag and was to have it mailed to me.

Haven't heard hide nor hare since.

There is great risk involved here. If you are intending for your SO's belongings to accompany her to the USA, reconsider this. It's only stuff. (i.e. Furniture, stereo, TV etc...) This stuff can be replaced and most electronics have different electric anyway.

Lucy brought her necessary... She didn't even flinch.

199226[/snapback]

The cost in shipping must be weighed using the "stupid money; smart money" scale; e.g., if it costs more than the item is worth to ship, it becomes stupid money.

We don't plan shipping any electronics, but you should know that most all modern electronics will accomodate both Chinese and American input voltages. Many of the power supplies for these electronics have a switch in the back for 110 / 220.

The China post in my SO's neighborhood is quite clean and well-run. I was more impressed with it than I have ever been with any US post office, where you'll normally find a line that is way too long, and a grouchy employee that is on the virge of a postal event.

Well, shoot (not literally), seeing as we've already shipped two boxes, it's a bit late to reconsider. If there were an alternative, we'd consider it, but so far, I've not seen one....

We just talked to China Post about shipping dozens of books to America. Very discouraging! Two things surprised me. First, the price was much higher than expected. The exact price escapes me now, but it was well over 10 US bucks per kilogram! Second, I expected they might have a "book rate." Most of my reading material has been sent to me in small parcels that come extra cheap because of the content. But China Post said the price was higher for shipping just books! Though you can get the lower price just by throwing in a few other things - some clothes, kitchen appliances, household pets....

151463[/snapback]

My wife has a ton of books, so she loaded my bag and got out a suitcase for my last return and filled it with books. The idea is she will ship all the heavy stuff as I or she goes back and forth on the plane. I managed to keep both bags within the wieght. I even stuffed some in my carry on.

I will see what she says about the container on a ship she was referring to when she talked about shipping everything in her house. But when I saw her furniture I told her no just leave it. She said the containers were cheap. She had info from friends who came to USA and Canada.

Edited by SheLikesME (see edit history)
  • 3 years later...

have a look at the following site, they offer cheap price for shipping to USA.

http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/

http://www.fudaprime.cn/

I will post more later when I finish my homework about this:)

Hi, I have done my research and I have used one of the following company to ship my baggage from The UK to China, it is quite alright, no extra fee !

This is the detailed information, YOU need to call them to find out the fees!

Airsea http://www.airsea.com.cn/Indexe.aspx

Address: Rm.B2002, Tower A , DONGYU Building, No.1 Shuguangxili Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100027

Tel:(86-10)51658505

Fax:(86-10)51658513

E-MAIL: astibjn@airsea.com.cn

 Santa Fe http://www.santaferelo.com/ecs/index.jsp

(P.S If you are moving a house, It is a good choice!)

 Mayflower http://www.mayflower.com/moving/internatio...al-services.htm

U.S. World Headquarters Tel: 1-800-325-3924

China (Chengdu) Tel: +86 28 8528 7058

China (Beijing) Tel: +86 10 6581 6950

(Seven Seas Worldwide Ltd.) http://www.sevenseas-china.com

Dragonsea http://www.dragonsea-china.com/ (This is the company I uesed before)

TEL: 86-20-38888886 FAX: 86-20-38888881

Email: dragonsea-china@vip.163.com

THE LASTcompany on my list cost estimate:

30KG, from beijing to usa major cities: it will take 9 weekes and the first box start from 1880RMN and second one will be 800RMB

Edited by jing (see edit history)