Rights of Visa Applicants

Here are my 2 cents that we should set our target on GZ/DOS:

1. At the time of sheduling an interview, if GZ knows the applicant(s) won't be issued the visa because of security checks, GZ should indicate this in the appointment letter clearly. In addition, GZ should also give the applicant(s) the option of asking for re-schedule when the security checks are done, by returning a response form within a certain time frame.

2. If the applicant(s) passed the interview, but visa(s) could not be issued right away due to security background checks, GZ should NOT collect the visa fee.

3. When the applicant(s) were notified of visa pick up at a certain later date, only at the time of visa pick-up, should they pay the visa fee.

Personally I don't really know how long this issue with background checks will be going on. The least we can do now is to protect our rights (human rights) in a minimum way :rolleyes:

These are just some specific requests, I believe it would be far more effective than just asking them to approval each individual's case...

The police record and the medical certificate are only good for one year. Obvious reasons on that actually. You could have gotten in trouble over a years time or you could have developed some nasty medical condition.

Therefore, yes we will be liable for paying for these things again. The shots won't be a problem as you have a record from the first medical check as to what shots where given. Therefore they won't be necessary again.

The police record and the medical certificate are only good for one year.  Obvious reasons on that actually.  You could have gotten in trouble over a years time or you could have developed some nasty medical condition.

Therefore, yes we will be liable for paying for these things again.  The shots won't be a problem as you have a record from the first medical check as to what shots where given.  Therefore they won't be necessary again.

If I am not mistaken, the Non-Marriage Certificate thingie is also only good for a year at the most. Ditto the Affadavit of Support. The expense for some of these documents on the Chinese side is quite a bit sometimes as the folks have to travel back to their hometowns to obtain these in most cases. And in some localities, the fees are a bit "excessive" due to necessary bribes, etc. I know we have been at this so long we have already had to procure the police reports, marriage documents, etc twice. If it keeps up much longer, we'll need to do it a third time.

The police record and the medical certificate are only good for one year.  Obvious reasons on that actually.  You could have gotten in trouble over a years time or you could have developed some nasty medical condition.

Therefore, yes we will be liable for paying for these things again.  The shots won't be a problem as you have a record from the first medical check as to what shots where given.  Therefore they won't be necessary again.

If I am not mistaken, the Non-Marriage Certificate thingie is also only good for a year at the most. Ditto the Affadavit of Support. The expense for some of these documents on the Chinese side is quite a bit sometimes as the folks have to travel back to their hometowns to obtain these in most cases. And in some localities, the fees are a bit "excessive" due to necessary bribes, etc. I know we have been at this so long we have already had to procure the police reports, marriage documents, etc twice. If it keeps up much longer, we'll need to do it a third time.

that is correct.

The affidavit of support is the easiest. Yuhui already got an updated version although the older one has not expired yet..

Who knows.... Better be safe than sorry,...

So, if you guys can't get fresh certificates, do it now..

I clicked the wrong button. Getting back to the medical we will all end up re- paying if things don't happen soon, maybe DOS should foot the bill, there fault they pay, they are the cause of the accident, no fault insurance or not

Absolutely! I'll press that issue big time. When push comes to shove though, their response might be, 'ok, no physical, no fiance' - case closed.

That would make me think twice. Kind of like Kim Jung with his finger on that button: where's my food George, hmmm? I've got an itch in this right hand...

I clicked the wrong button. Getting back to the medical we will all end up re- paying if things don't happen soon, maybe DOS should foot the bill, there fault they pay, they are the cause of the accident, no fault insurance or not

Absolutely! I'll press that issue big time. When push comes to shove though, their response might be, 'ok, no physical, no fiance' - case closed.

That would make me think twice. Kind of like Kim Jung with his finger on that button: where's my food George, hmmm? I've got an itch in this right hand...

think again..... I'll bet my last paycheck, that when you get the EMS, and IF the documents have expired, they WILL have the balls and dare to ask you for new ones ( it has happened kids.... so be prepared )

This is administration.... they go by the FAM thing....Logic? Reason?? LOL...

That was funny pal.....

Don't give them a chance to send an EMS with restrictive conditions, like say buddy.. oooops. Police certicate's expired.. Bring a new one... Or oopps. You really look ugly on that pic.. Anyway you can contract a beautician?

Sorry... but after SIX months, do you reaaaaally want to take a chance about guessing how these people work?? I do not. Been there. Done that.. CYA is my motto

My idea on VISA FEE is that GZ should not collect any money if they could not get the case to a conclusion at the time of interview.

Which also means: If IV section at GZ cannot issue a visa within some one week, the IV section won't make any money. I am sure they will be really upset by that, but that's the button we should really push...

I am not seeing Gz/DOS has showed any good faith in sorting things out YET...

:lol:

I think the most important right that we can ask for, other than a speedy issuance of the visa, is an accurate timeline. It is infuriating that we can't even predict the season in which we might finally get a visa. The lack of this informatuion causes harm that exceeds the delays by themselves. Education, work, and weddings are all in limbo until the visa is issued. There is no reason why they can't give out a reasonable timeline for visa issuance except that they don't want to be held accountable to it.

I have written to Guangzhou about this. They thanked me for my suggestion. :lol: :( <_<

Dave

That's a good point. I have emailed Harty on the predictibility of processing times, but so far no response.

I don't think GZ will take full responsibility of this, since things are not in their hands, they have to get the nods from other agencies not controllable by DOS, I am guessing...

But that does NOT mean we should be the victims in this whole ordeal :lol: At least they should do something positively!