Information is from 001.

The mail boy in GUZ says that all VO are doing there best (working over time these days) to enter P3s into their computer system before moving. Now that they have way too many cases are waiting to be schedualed. And we can expect a big "storm" of P4 after they moved. :ph34r:

Îҵõ½Ò»¸öÀ´×ÔML µÄÏûÏ¢¸ø001µÄJMXD£¬ML×î½üµÄ¹¤×÷ÈËÔ±Ò»Ö±ÔÚ¼Ó°à´¦ÀíÎÒÃǵݸ×Ó£¬¿ÉϧµÄÊÇËûÃÇÒ²ÈÏΪÏÖÔÚÒѾ­»ýѹÁËÌ«¶àµÄ°¸×Ó£¬´¦ÀíÆðÀ´µÄÈ··Ç³£ÐÁ¿à£¬ÒѾ­Ã¿Íí¶¼¼Ó°àÁË£¬Á¬ÆäËû²¿ÃŵÄÈËÔ±¶¼Òѳé³öÀ´°ï棬µ«ÒÀÈ»¡£¡£¡£¾ÍËã°¸×Óµ½ÁËGZÒÀÈ»ÐèµÈ5-6¸öÔ£¬ÕâËãÕý³£µÄ£¬ÎÒÈç¹ûÔٵõ½MLµÄÈκιØÓÚÎÒÃÇÇ©Ö¤µÄÏûÏ¢£¬ÎÒ»á¸æËßÄãÃǵġ£

# ͬ¸Ð,½ñÌìÎÒÈ¥°×Ìì¶ì,¸ÕºÃ¿´µ½MLµÄBOYȥǩÊÕÎļþÎÒÈ¥ÎÊÁËÓйØÊÕ»ØP3»Øµ½ (148×Ö)NEW(flyer ×òÌì21:01 ÔĶÁ 4)

MLÖ®ºóµÄ¹¤×÷,Ëû¸æËßÎÒ,ÏÖÔÚÃÀÁìµÄCASEÒ»Ö±ÔÚ¼·Ñ¹×Å,ÒòÃÀÁîÒª°á¼ÒÁË,ËùÒԾ;¡¿ÉÄܵİÑP3Êä½øµçÄÔ,µÈML°á¼ÒÍêºó,P4¾Í»áÏ´ó±©Óê.MLÃſڵĻÆÅ£Ò²ÊÇÕâÑù¸úÎÒ˵µÄ.

In case they give a short notice, it might not be bad to get prepared for August interviews still. :rolleyes:

I have heard of the infamous 'mailroom boy' and his advice at 001...

Well,  I would think that we'd see a push after the move, but one wants to be careful in expecting too much.

But good advice to 'be prepared' !

THANKS !!

139237[/snapback]

You are welcome. We on the same boat. :D

Hope for the best and prepare for the worst. :ph34r:

2005 Holiday Schedule

The Consulate is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. We are CLOSED on the following American and Chinese holidays:

December 31 Friday New Year's Day US & China

January 17 Monday Martin Luther King, Jr's Birthday US

February 9, 10, 11 Wednesday, Thursday, Friday Lunar New Year China

February 21 Monday Presidents' Day US

May 2, 3, 4 Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday International Labor Day China

May 30 Monday Memorial Day US

July 4 Monday Independence Day US

September 5 Monday Labor Day US

October 3, 4, 5 Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday Chinese National Day China

October 10 Monday Columbus Day US

November 11 Friday Veterans' Day US

November 24 Thursday Thanksgiving Day US

December 26 Monday Christmas Day US

So here is a possible senario for what is happening at the consulate:

- in June, they push through as many interviews as they could, then closed down the interview section to get them moved over to the new building. They probably have a lot of computer and other equipment to move over.

- in July, while the interview part of the consulate is moving over, they are processing a backlog of P3 and other papers, entering those into the computer.

- in Aug, interviews resume (as we can see there are some scheduled for the new consulate)

- Then for all the P3s that are pending, they being to schedule interviews.

They might be waiting to see what sort of volumn they can handle in the new area. A big unknown is to logistics of handling 100-200 interviews a day, dealing with the people flow, where they may sit and wait, and security procedures.

I keep trying to understand or rationalize the process, hoping that there is some logic or order to it.

So here is a possible senario for what is happening at the consulate:

- in June, they push through as many interviews as they could, then closed down the interview section to get them moved over to the new building. They probably have a lot of computer and other equipment to move over.

- in July, while the interview part of the consulate is moving over, they are processing a backlog of P3 and other papers, entering those into the computer.

- in Aug, interviews resume (as we can see there are some scheduled for the new consulate)

- Then for all the P3s that are pending, they being to schedule interviews.

They might be waiting to see what sort of volumn they can handle in the new area. A big unknown is to logistics of handling 100-200 interviews a day, dealing with the people flow, where they may sit and wait, and security procedures.

I keep trying to understand or rationalize the process, hoping that there is some logic or order to it.

139315[/snapback]

except they did interviews in july.. We had very few because we had few P3s that fell into the July interview slot.. 001 had interviews..

They already do 100s a day.. about 20 per VO .. and there's about 8-11 VOs I believe...

Agree that some logistics have to occur with increased interviews, more paperwork, more people inside the building, more to check in and process, etc. But just more of the same process probably...

2005 Holiday Schedule

The Consulate is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. We are CLOSED on the following American and Chinese holidays:

139276[/snapback]

They seem to close at the last minute for some of the traditional holidays as well and mid-autumn festival is Sept 18.

I will be happy to see them get moved on Aug. 8, I think it will bode well for us that are coming after that.... but who knows when the new load becomes the overload!!!!! I am happy for all that have their P-4s.

2005 Holiday Schedule

139276[/snapback]

They may be open, but at half staff. Mid September to mid October is festival period and the national day golden week. Great time to visit, super nice climate.

2005 Holiday Schedule

139276[/snapback]

They may be open, but at half staff. Mid September to mid October is festival period and the national day golden week. Great time to visit, super nice climate.

139437[/snapback]

Super nice money as well.

Not only coz the holidays, but also the meeting which held twice a year in GZ. There might be a problem for hotels,etc. :)

Mid September to mid October is festival period and the national day golden week.  Great time to visit, super nice climate.

139437[/snapback]

I agree.. I was there last year at that time.. going through Yunnan...

139476[/snapback]

I am thinking of going back to Shanghai in latter part of October, as it is the beginning of the low season.... what to see?