I think we need a CR1 to reply.. looking at a few timelines, it appears more like 4 months through NVC...

139525[/snapback]

Okay... where are the ghosts of CR-1's past??? or do you just mean 4 months from the beginning of the process?

Edited by hankhoude (see edit history)
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No NOA2 for CR1 - technically.

Check my timeline then subtract 1.5 months for business trips.

NVC isn't much better than GZ. What's interesting also is the date on the letter head vs. the postmark date. They would sit on my outgoing letters for a week before getting around to mailing them.

also check my links in my signatures.

Johns CR1 notes have been right on. followed these instructions almost to a T.

The NOA1 took two weeks (should take two weeks)

Then that gets put with the 129F to Chicago. I read somewhere on the DOS website that the 129F was manditory I have to look it up, but I am living proof it's not true.

what I call a NOA2 in my sig is really the approved 797 - I-130 app.

129F = K3 for married folk

approved 130 = CR1

Edited by Mengxin (see edit history)
Hank, for our CR-1, it took the NVC about 9 weeks after we had sent everything for them to approve it and forward it to GZ.

139545[/snapback]

nine weeks after the fees for the visa, etc., as in CASE COMPLETE ???

Hank, for our CR-1, it took the NVC about 9 weeks after we had sent everything for them to approve it and forward it to GZ.

139545[/snapback]

139774[/snapback]

Hank, I updated our timeline, maybe it will be easier to follow. Actually, the last document I returned to NVC was the DS-230 Part I on March 8th and the Case was Completed at NVC on April 4th, so it was about four weeks.

Here's a question for the K3 vs CR1 experts.. 

I read on VJ that once your I-130 petition is approved you cannot submit the I-129F .. that seems absurd to me... Anyone know if you can submit after approval ?

139179[/snapback]

It is true the Goverment told me I couldnt submit the I129F however screw the Goverment I did it anyway and now we are at the p4 stage in Hong Kong. So the Goverment says you cant submit it but I did months after the I130 process was begun. We got all the way to the aff of support on the I130 side then I decided to send in the I129f against what the Gov said and it went through without a hitch.

Here's a question for the K3 vs CR1 experts.. 

I read on VJ that once your I-130 petition is approved you cannot submit the I-129F .. that seems absurd to me...   Anyone know if you can submit after approval ?

139179[/snapback]

It is true the Goverment told me I couldnt submit the I129F however screw the Goverment I did it anyway and now we are at the p4 stage in Hong Kong. So the Goverment says you cant submit it but I did months after the I130 process was begun. We got all the way to the aff of support on the I130 side then I decided to send in the I129f against what the Gov said and it went through without a hitch.

140115[/snapback]

Since you are DCF through HK, I thought that you had to go K3 ?

Can you clarify if one can get a CR1 visa from HK? Maybe they make you go to GUZ for an interview if you truly want the CR1 ?

I want to make sure the FAQ is not misleading on DCF issues since it is out of the norm for most here (filing in the US)...

139545[/snapback]

139774[/snapback]

Hank, I updated our timeline, maybe it will be easier to follow. Actually, the last document I returned to NVC was the DS-230 Part I on March 8th and the Case was Completed at NVC on April 4th, so it was about four weeks.

139880[/snapback]

Barry,

thanks for the great information

Edited by hankhoude (see edit history)

I am going through Hong Kong and bringing my wife here on a k-3. However the info I got from the goverment about the i129f was the same. It was to late to file. So I believe no matter if its K-1 OR K-3 you can file anytime as long as the package of paperwork has not been recieved by the other countries consulate. The only thing I can say about what I have done is to to say to myself even if my wife can come here 1 month sooner then its worth the 165 for the I129F. I am sorry if I havent been much help.

I think in the end, they are the same time length about. I pondered this question but decided not to have to pay double the fees while the competition was on, just for a short time difference. Now if the 129f was getting approvals in say 2 months and the 130's were taking a year, then yeah, I see your point...

:ph34r:

I think in the end, they are the same time length about. I pondered this question but decided not to have to pay double the fees while the competition was on, just for a short time difference. Now if the 129f was getting approvals in say 2 months and the 130's were taking a year, then yeah, I see your point...

:ph34r:

140388[/snapback]

that is the point......if I were to continue the CR-1 process it would take a year or more. With I-129F we will be done in 6-7 months. However it also depends on if its K-3 in HK i believe the I-129F would take as long as the CR-1 in GZ because of the loggjam of applicants.

May IR1 Petition Beneficiaries Opt for K3 Processing?

-----------------------------------------------------

30. According to the LIFE Act, a K3 visa may be issued

when "an immigrant visa is not immediately available to

the alien." To maximize the number of aliens who may

benefit from the LIFE Act provisions, VO has determined

that an immigrant visa is "available" only when the actual

approved I-130 petition has been received by the IV-

issuing consular post. If the I-130 petition is at post,

or the applicant has already been interviewed and denied

the IR1 by a consular officer, perhaps due to lack of the

I-864 AOS, that applicant must proceed with IR1 processing

and may not choose to apply instead for the K3. If the I-

130 petition remains at or is in transit from NVC, or the

applicant has already commenced K3 application (by

returning Packet 3 forms) when the I-130 petition arrives

at post, he/she may continue to process the K3 rather than

switch to IR1 processing. K3 applicants may opt at any

time to process as IR1s rather than continue the K3

application.

139225[/snapback]

Every now and then, the light bulb goes on in this old head. I had posted many times that I didn't think there was much significance to the priority date that several members asked about. This may have been in error. When I read Ty's post, it dawned on me that there may be more significance to the priority date - maybe it's the drop dead date for filing for a K-3, since the priority date is the date that the immigrant visa is available thus making the K-3 application inapplicable on or after that date.

If I had to bet, I'd say that Adam got his K-3 petition in before his priority date.

Thanks for the info, Ty.

Edited by frank1538 (see edit history)