Hotels near new consulate visa facilities

king

Recently I received the following info on hotels near the Consulate's new visa processing facility. They are also near the Guangzhou East (railroad)Station.

There probably are other hotels fairly close. Note the price swing. The first three hotels are supposed to be 4 star hotels. The other two might be 3 stars but most likely no star. They are included to give an idea of prices.

FOUR STAR BUNKS :rolleyes:

1. Name: STAR HOTEL

Address: 89 LinHe Xi Road, TianHe, GuangZhou, China

Post Code: 510610

Tel: 8620-8755-2888

Fax: 8620-8755-3288

Email: startel@pub.guangzhou.gd.cn

HONG KONG OFFICE

Address: Unit 1001,10F., King’s Commercial Centre, 25 King’s Road, Hong Kong.

Tel: 852-2521-1671

Fax: 852-2521-2580

TARIFF

*Standard Room RMB 550

*Superior Business Room RMB 650

*IT Business Room RMB 720

Deluxe Room RMB 820

Standard Suite RMB 820

Deluxe Business Suite RMB 1050

Extra Bed RMB 105

â–³ The room type with “*â€, the garden view room rate will be raised to 5%.

â–³ Check-out time is 12:00 noon.

â–³ Rates quoted are subject to change without prior notice.

â–³ All reservations will be held until 6:00 pm local time unless prior arrangements are made.

â–³ Rates unless prior arrangements are made.

â–³ Rates quoted is not suitable for the Trade Fair Period.

2. Name: TianLun International Hotel

Address: 172 LinHe Road Central, Guangzhou, China

Zip Code: 510610

Tel: 8620-8393-6388

Fax: 8620-3882-4162

Email: sales@tianlun-hotel.com

TARIFF

Standard Room RMB 1,200

Superior Room RMB 1,350

Deluxe Room RMB 1,750

*Studio Suite RMB 2,100

*Executive Suite RMB 3,500 up

*Chairman Suite RMB 9,800

All suites, rate inclusive of all executive floor privileges.

Executive Room RMB 1,500 up

All executive floor, rate inclusive of all executive floor privileges.

Extra Bed RMB 220

*All rates are subject to 15% service charge.

*Check–in/Check-our time is 12:00 noon.

*Reservation only held until 6:00 pm,,unless guaranteed by advance deposit.

*Children 12 or under can stay free of charge in same room with parents.

*All rates are subject to change without prior notice.

Apartment(with kitchenette) Monthly Rental

Studio Apartment RMB 18,00up

One Bedroom Apartment RMB 23,000up

3. Name: GRAND PALACE HOTEL

Address: NO.148, Linhe Zhong Road, Tianhe Dist., GuangZhou, China

Post Code: 510610

Tel: 8620-3884-0968

Fax: 8620-3884-0960

For reservations call: 8620-3884-0438

TARIFF

Standard Room RMB 550

Superior Room RMB 580

Deluxe Room RMB 800

Premium Room RMB 640

Standard Suite RMB 880

Superior Suite RMB 1080

Deluxe Suite RMB 1120

Executive Floor

Executive Superior RMB 640

Executive Premium RMB 700

Executive Deluxe RMB 880

Executive Standard Suite RMB 980

Executive Deluxe Suite RMB 1250

*All rate are subject to 18% service charge.

*EXTRA BED in room at RMB 240.

*No charge for children under 12 years old sharing Parent’s room.

*No charge for baby crib.

*Check out time at 12:00 noon.

*All major credit cards accepted.

*Group rates available on request.

*All rate are subject to change without notice.

ABOVE RATES ARE NOT APPLICABLE DURING GUANGDONG TRADE FAIR.

-------------------------------------

OTHER BUNKS :unsure: (NO REPRESENTATIONS ON CLEANLINESS OR SUITABILITY)

4. Name: GUANGZHOU EASTERN STATION HOTEL

Tel: 61346100 61343827 61345419 61343859 61343637

Address: NO.1, Eastern Station Road, TianHe, Guangzhou, China.

(7/F of the Eastern Station)

Deluxe Room: RMB 228

Standard Room: RMB 140

Cheaper Room: RMB 80

One living room and one bedroom: RMB: 400-RMB: 600

One living room and two bedroom: RMB 600-RMB: 900

One living room and three bedroom: RMB 800-RMB 1100

THE FINAL PRICE WILL BE DETERMIND ON THE DAY YOU ORDER

5. Name: JIAN LI BUILDING (hotel)

Address: NO.40, Yu Dong West Road, Shahe, GuangZhou, China

Post Code: 510500

Tel: 87021149-1100-1200

For reservations call: 87021276

Fax: 87020303

Single Room: RMB 180

Two people’s room RMB 210

Three people’s room RMB 230

For everyone coming to China from abroad, keep this in mind: PRICES ARE NEGOTIABLE ... even on "set" things like bus tickets or hotel rooms. Get a native speaker to call and make the reservation in their name, and watch the price drop like a rock! I have gotten up to 50% discounts, even on major holidays. If you call and say "Hi, my names Bob Smith and Im from America. Do yall speak English?" the price will DOUBLE.

-Alec & Elf

This is great info, thanks

King.

As usual a very worthwhile post! Maybe you could add a little when you get a chance ---- how far off of the subway is the new Consulate office, (how close to the E. GZ rail station?)

Also, just curious, will you be moving your Immigaration Law practice office closer to the new Consulate building?

The high priced hotels are within a block or so of the new visa center. The 2 lower priced hotels are several blocks away, but within walking distance.

In my mind's eye, I would say the East Station ("dong zhan"), the last subway stop on the eastward train, is about 3 long blocks from the new visa center. Easy walk if you are not carrying the kitchen sink or it is not raining. The 3 better hotels are between the East Station and the new visa center. The whole district is called "Tian He." Lots of restaurants, lots of shopping, a computer city (the premium computer retail area in GZ) and the city'ws biggest sports complex with a stadium, a gym, tennis courts, workout place, bowling, football, basketball and a swimming pool; have I missed anything? The subway stop just before the East Station stop lets you off close to the spots complex and is not a really long walk to the visa center, maybe 10-15 minutes.

Yes, I will be moving over with the company I work for, to the same building where the new visa center will be located. We will be located on the 1st and 4th floors called Global Consulting. You all are welcome to stop by to say hello. Just ask for the US lawyer. No sales pitches from me.

Great info once again from the resident local. Before we head back I want to spend another weekend in GZ because we were so busy with the visa thing we didn't get to see much of the rich heritage. And it's so close to SZ. I will to take you up on the offer to drop by and say "Hi". You make great contributions to the site. Thanks.

Guest blsqueaky
The high priced hotels are within a block or so of the new visa center. The 2 lower priced hotels are several blocks away, but within walking distance.

In my mind's eye, I would say the East Station ("dong zhan"), the last subway stop on the eastward train, is about 3 long blocks from the new visa center. Easy walk if you are not carrying the kitchen sink or it is not raining. The 3 better hotels are between the  East Station and the new visa center. The whole district is called "Tian He." Lots of restaurants, lots of shopping, a computer city (the premium computer retail area in GZ) and the city'ws biggest sports complex with a stadium, a gym, tennis courts, workout place, bowling, football, basketball and a swimming pool; have I missed anything? The subway stop just before the East Station stop lets you off close to the spots complex and is not a really long walk to the visa center, maybe 10-15 minutes.

Yes, I will be moving over with the company I work for, to the same building where the new visa center will be located. We will be located on the 1st and 4th floors called Global Consulting. You all are welcome to stop by to say hello. Just ask for the US lawyer. No sales pitches from me.

138030[/snapback]

Thanks for the help King. You can be sure that when we go bck for our next interview, I will be sure to stop in and say hello.

The other day, Ling was telling me that there is a hotel in the same building as the new consulate, and that the prices are really not that bad. True?????