ATM/debit card acceptance in Nanning

Does anyone know if and what bank accept ATM or bank issued debit card in Nanning?  What is the maximum one can withdraw per day?

I'll be in Nanning with my wife and daughter this week.  Thanks ahead for your responses!

135616[/snapback]

My ATM card worked at various China Bank locations in Nanning.

Does anyone know if and what bank accept ATM or bank issued debit card in Nanning?  What is the maximum one can withdraw per day?

I'll be in Nanning with my wife and daughter this week.  Thanks ahead for your responses!

135616[/snapback]

My ATM card worked at various China Bank locations in Nanning.

135617[/snapback]

I had problems with my bank card on both my trips to Naninng. I ended up having to go inside and get money from the teller. Of course there is a fee involved. My experience with Bank cards in Nanning has not been good. Perhaps it is my bank (US Bank) but the card is on the cirrus and plus network so it should have worked fine.

I was just there last month and used my Bank of America Visa at a Bank of China ATM. There was not problem at all. THe most I could withdraw at a time was 2000 RMB (about $250). That isn't the daily limit, that's the withdrawl limit, so if you need more, then you are going to have to stick the card back in and take out more. You will be charged each time you withdraw though.

I was just there last month and used my Bank of America Visa at a Bank of China ATM. There was not problem at all. THe most I could withdraw at a time was 2000 RMB (about $250). That isn't the daily limit, that's the withdrawl limit, so if you need more, then you are going to have to stick the card back in and take out more. You will be charged each time you withdraw though.

135660[/snapback]

Ditto I have BoA also never a problem you are right about hitting the ATM twice I have used from Shenzhen to Bejing to Xian

I have encountered daily limits before in China.. had to wait 24 hours and then suddenly the withdraw worked again...

135664[/snapback]

You are right had that happen in Shanghai seems $200.00 is it and you are right after 24 hours you could withdraw again.. must be something in their banking rules I am still looking for an answer as to why you can only draw out 200 in 24 hours in Shanghai in Shenzhen you could keep going back after your first withdrawl and get more of course you are hit with the ATM fee again somebody has to make money I just do not understand why this is not available in Shanghai?? :lol:

Somthing that I resently learnd from my bank card issuer after having problems in China is that some card issuers are starting to put blocks on certain countrys so that you must first call the financil instutution that issued your card and have the block removed for the time that you will be in that country, and this must be done from the USA.

Somthing that I resently learnd from my bank card issuer after having problems in China is that some card issuers are starting to put blocks on certain countrys so that you must first call the financil instutution that issued your card and have the block removed for the time that you will be in that country, and this must be done from the USA.

135685[/snapback]

(This may apply to debit cards now) but it was a problem w/ my MBNA issued Visa card. After 1 purchase here (China) they "froze" my card to ALL purchases- even in the US last year. Give 'em a call before you leave, and maybe renotify them upon return.

Guest blsqueaky

135685[/snapback]

(This may apply to debit cards now) but it was a problem w/ my MBNA issued Visa card. After 1 purchase here (China) they "froze" my card to ALL purchases- even in the US last year. Give 'em a call before you leave, and maybe renotify them upon return.

135688[/snapback]

I had the same problem, so now b4 I leave I tell them, both bank and credit cards that I am going to be over, and when Ling goes herself, I also call them so that they know she will be using them there.

what are advantages/disadvantages to using debit versus credit cards?

what are advantages/disadvantages to using debit versus credit cards?

135764[/snapback]

Debit cards are generally cheaper than using a "straight up" credit card. W/ a credit card, you would pay a fee to get cash here (in China), then YOUR card server would generally charge you a cash advance and/or monthly fee.

Using a credit card is MORE difficult here also to pay for goods and services. The Visa CHARGE CARD here is NOT as readily accepted. I've only be able to use mine at MAJOR hotels and a FEW LARGE department stores like on Nanjing ST. here in Shanghai. I have even had some of them either outright decline an process an American Visa card or not get it to work- THEN we used the bank debit card w/ visa logo to pay. acw