What's the coolest place to visit in China?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just wondering .  What is the absolute coolest place to visit in China?  Any thoughts from you guys that have spent a lot of time in China?  Anybody that has been there only once? B)

134182[/snapback]

History in Beijing was fascinating. Forbidden and Summer palaces, Yuanmingyuan ruins, Ming tombs, Prince Gong's garden etc. But I really liked Hangzhou for the forests outside town and lack of "hustlers" a lot more relaxing than Suzhou, Zhouzhuang, Qingdao.

I toured through Yunnan, to include Kunming, Dali, and Lijiang. Seeing all the majority groups and customs was nothing less than fascinating, once taking a boat to an island. We visited many temples and gardens, and saw more jade than I ever dreamed of.

Zixuan spoke so highly of the area and customs, particularly the high esteem that woman are held.

I was just wondering .  What is the absolute coolest place to visit in China?  Any thoughts from you guys that have spent a lot of time in China?  Anybody that has been there only once? :rolleyes:

134182[/snapback]

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2004-11/...ent_2264385.htm

"13. The coldest in China: Mohe County of NE China's Heilongjiang Province

Mohe's average annual temperature is 4 degrees Celsius below zero, with the coldest being 52.3 degrees Celsius below zero. Minus 30 to 40 degrees is common in the wintertime. All the statistics prove Mohe as the coldest place in China. The unique aurora and polar day phenomena also distinguish the place from anywhere else in China."

Oh, you said coolest, not coldest. Never mind.

If you like mountains, Huangshan is nice, but crowded. The mountains in northwestern Hubei Province are a bit out of the way, but well worth the trouble to get there, especially if you are a student of Daoism or Qigong.