If gloria gets her visa monday

In Person

U.S. Citizen petitioners who would like general information on the Immigrant Visa process in Guangzhou may attend an information session hosted by a Consular Officer on Fridays at 15:00. The aim of these sessions is to address frequently-asked questions and provide you with a better understanding of the process. Case specific information will not be available.

Here's the reply you would recieve if you e-mailed them with the same question.

I have heard of people picking them up Mondays yes.

check out this link.

http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzho.../iv/gzfaqs.html

Ross,

In my opinion you will have to submit your tax info for the I-864 on Monday afternoon (see GUZ website for overcome days and hours). They now have up to 2 days to say yes or no to the overcome documents.

OPINION AGAIN, Hopefully it is as simple as just a statement out of you declaring the tax code that exempts you from filing and GUZ nods yes on MONDAY.

You are in uncharted waters from what I know for pickup since the China Post delivery method started recently and I have not heard of any people that have had to submit overcome documents and then get the visa through this system but I ASSume it is the same procedure for when Gloria's visa does get issued. The new pick-up process is posted here in this forum- title something like "new visa pick-up procedures". Can't seem to do a link with Chinese buttons anymore.

I would say worse case with the overcome timing, you submit Monday, they wait until Wens. to answer it. Then wait a few days additional to receive her passport/visa in the China Post. Hopefully things happen faster but..... Again BEST of LUCK!!! acw

Does anyone know exactly when is likely, and morning afternnoon? Etc...

Don't know any exact thing.

My SO's visa approval paper included pick up instructions something like go to the Post Office and pay; in two working days (some people call this three days later) you can pick up your visa at a different Post Office than where you pay. Call this phone number .... to find out if it is ready.

In our case, interview was Thursday about 11:40. She paid before 12:30 but I figure when you pay is not relevant to the process. We will pick up the visa Saturday morning.

Today the Hotel boss gave my SO a number- number 4. I asked her why? She said maybe there is a line at the Post Office and you must have a number. She said maybe some lady will try to sell the the number just like they sell a place in the interview line. My SO also said all visas are delivered to the Post Office at 9:00 am. Even Saturday? Yes, we will pick up the visa tomorrow. If you go to the interview on Friday you cannot pick up the visa until Tuesday.