Seems she overheard some person in the line at the consulate saying that if you are a Chinese woman coming into a port of entry into the U.S., you will be asked very lewd, personal questions such as: What underwear are you wearing....Do you like sex? etc. I have never heard of such horse hockey and assured her that if any officer was caught doing that, they would be in very hot water. But...I thought I would ask here so there is no question in my mind. Is there any truth to this at all? Yanfei is worried about running into a scumbag like this. :unsure:

Tell her it is not policy to allow such questions. There was a man doing that a while back at LAX. After several complaints he was removed. They may ask something to have a last chance at catching visa fraud.

Recently as the officer was looking at a friend's fiance's passport. She looked up and asked "So how much did you pay him to marry you?" She replied "Oh, do American women have to pay men to marry them?" The officer scowled and quickly finished with her.

As they said above, tell her it's not the policy of customs to ask things like that. But if she is asked, have her tell you imediatly so a complaint can be lodged. I plan to be right there with Jen if they let me and would be complaining right away if the officer seemed abusive to her.

Much of it though, I think is a case of rumors getting out of control.

As they said above, tell her it's not the policy of customs to ask things like that. But if she is asked, have her tell you imediatly so a complaint can be lodged. I plan to be right there with Jen if they let me and would be complaining right away if the officer seemed abusive to her.

Much of it though, I think is a case of rumors getting out of control.

I find it hard to believe that an imigration officer would/could ask something lewd. At least at LAX, they are sitting in a raised platform with windows with several other officers in eyeshot and earshot. This sounds like total BS to me!

Jim: When you pass through immigration at the POE, you CAN be with her. Go to the non USC line and when it's your turn, both of you go to the window together. Tell him you're a USC and you have brought your fiancee here on a K1 visa. That's what we did with no problem.

He looked at my passport first and "checked me in" then he took her passport and flipped through most of the papers in the sealed envelope we gave him.

Good luck and don't worry about that part of the process!! :unsure:

Steve,

I knew I had seen that before and either way wasn't too worried about it. If they didn't let me it only meant that Jen would have got through a lot quicker since that is the shortest line by far. Only thing Jen will have to worry about, is I might be trying to take pictures of her entry unless that is not allowed. :rolleyes:

Only thing Jen will have to worry about, is I might be trying to take pictures of her entry unless that is not allowed.  

You better wait and stage some photos in the greeting area, after you leave the immigration/customs folks. They do not take kindly to cameras.

If you do not like your cell phone and want to get a new one , let it ring or make a call while you are waiting in line. :lol:

Only thing Jen will have to worry about, is I might be trying to take pictures of her entry unless that is not allowed.  

You better wait and stage some photos in the greeting area, after you leave the immigration/customs folks. They do not take kindly to cameras.

If you do not like your cell phone and want to get a new one , let it ring or make a call while you are waiting in line. ;)

I thought I had heard that before. I don't think Jen would have taken too kindly to that anyway.

Since my phone is work issue, I won't have it with me but I would love to see the look on my employer's face with the roaming charges. :lol: At least right before I would have to find a new job. :D