Too Polite

Guest LarryQun

Guest LarryQun

I think you folks are being too polite. My version might be something like this…

Dear Ms. Harty,

My Chinese fiancé and I are among the unfortunate individuals that have been waiting for this name check process to complete so a visa can be issued. We have now been waiting for over 4 months, and up until now have been relatively silent. We have been patiently waiting, thinking that sooner or later, whatever the problem in your department is that is causing this now intolerable delay would somehow miraculously get fixed. Obviously, that hasn’t happened.

I have read several of your form letter responses to others that have contacted you with appeals for help with this problem. Your responses have suggested, for the most part, that the problem has been resolved, or at least significantly improved. Your letters say name check clearances are now averaging 2 weeks, and most if not all names have been re-submitted between January 4th and 13th. Ms. Harty, I am here to tell you that this is NOT the case.

I have read on the various internet boards and forums that there are more recent visa applicants getting name check clearances. In many cases, these individuals haven’t even had their interviews yet. I fail to understand why this is happening when there are so many others, going as far back as August 2002 interview dates, that are still waiting for this name check fiasco to be resolved. What is the problem? I have also heard that those few “lucky” individuals that have received their EMS notifications and have gone to Guangzhou to pick up their visas have noted that there were only 20 others (average) there that day for visa pickup. 20 visas per day? We had heard that there were over 5000 names in the backlog. You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to figure that 5000 at 20 per day is 250 (work) days. And we can assume that additional people are entering into this process constantly, so the numbers are even larger than 5000. Come on Ms. Harty, this timeline is ridiculous. You said the problem would be fixed. You said it would take an average of 2 weeks for a name check to clear. Was that the truth, or was it a clever ploy to keep everyone silent while they continued waiting. And for how long? Will it take another 2 weeks? Maybe 2 months? 2 years? Or perhaps we will just wait forever.

Ms. Harty, do you have a family? Children? Do you go home to them each night and enjoy your life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness? I am outraged that anyone associated with this problem could sit down at their dinner table each night, eating, drinking, and enjoying the company of their loved ones while WE are forced to be separated from our families due to an obvious lack of competence and concern.

Unlike others that have been so polite with their appeal to your conscience by asking for help with this ridiculous situation, I demand it. I am a US citizen, paying tax dollars that pay your salary. Perhaps you don’t fully understand the impact of your course of action (or lack thereof). I am tired of lies and delays. This problem has gone on for long enough. Fix it, or find someone that will. No more lip service, we want ACTION!

Most Sincerely, XXXXXX

Any comments?

I agree. Being polite only gets us brushed aside and ignored. It is time for everyone to take an aggressive stand on this.

I also now encourage everyone to contact the President's office with information concerning promises that have been made and not kept, mismanagement and improper behavior.

Since they like to blame it on interdepartmental problems, then it is necessary to take it to the person who is over all the departments.

Guest LarryQun

OK. I have made my revisions to the letter, and I am ready to send it off. Thanks to everyone for the helpful suggestions.

I would like to also like to encourage everyone still waiting for namechecks to write an equally demanding letter. Maybe if they are inundated with letters of outrage, they will be forced to do something about it.

Does anyone have the correct fax number for Maura Harty?

P.S. Everyone, please feel free to use any of my words in your own letter.

very similar to the letter of overwhelming aggitation i sent last night to my senators, my representative, and to the person in harty's office i have been talking to.

oddly enough - the REALLY angry letter that contained MY timeline and that of a december interveiwee - really got results from my local office. hence the post from earlier today.

but don't stop there! keep contacting your government reps - the HAVE to inquire for you!! make sure EVERYBODY remembers your name!

I would like to also like to encourage everyone still waiting for namechecks to write an equally demanding letter. Maybe if they are inundated with letters of outrage, they will be forced to do something about it.

Way to go, Larry! This is the spirit I am trying to spread about this group. I want each of our 200+ members to write letters, fax, email, and phone . . . even if I have to compose all the letters myself :ph34r:

Since some of us have begun to post our letters on this forum and encourage everyone to write and use our words if they see fit, this should entice and make it easy for the rest of the members to write and send off their letters. B)

OK. I have made my revisions to the letter, and I am ready to send it off. Thanks to everyone for the helpful suggestions.

Does anyone have the correct fax number for Maura Harty?

I already sent my own before I saw yours..Good letter by the way. Yours I mean.