We got our visa!!!!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Weelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, it's about time you caught up.

Qisheng's interview should have taken place in January, and I'm sorry it didn't. It would have been nice to meet him.

Now, don't wait. Send in the AOS and EAD as soon as he arrives. My wife has yet to forgive me for waiting two months before sending them in. ;)

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :D :D

Another big issue that came up and which surprised me very much was when he asked about the language that we use to communicate with each other.  Qisheng said "English" and the VO said that he knows that the official language in PR is Spanish.  Qisheng said that the other official language is English.

Where is "PR" that the VO thought the official language was Spanish?

It sounds like the VO was trying every means to shake his confidence, but couldn't!

LouRose, your spanish is impecable!!! PR stands for Puerto Rico, and the official language is Spanish certainly, but we are a territory of USA, puertorricans are US citizens since birth, and most people can speak English, or at least understand it. I was not born here (I'm cuban) but were naturalized as a US citizen when I was 19. Our textbooks in school are written in English and the English class is mandatory since elementary school. We here have most of american franchises and stores, and Cable TV. I almost never watch the local TV stations except for the news. I still don't understand why the language was an issue for the VO, but one thing is for sure: it all belongs to the past and I'm ready to strat our life together now.. :greenblob:

Not meaning to deviate from topic but I like Rosie Perez' movies. Most of us have language issues in our relationships. Only a few here I think are both fluent in the other's language. I think this will just add to the fun of the first year as long as you don't get a short temper :greenblob:

Qisheng & Mari:

Happy to hear the Fantastic News !!!!

I know the road has be long and hard, even more so at the end, judging by the description of your fiance's interview. However, this stage of the journey is over and you both can rest in comfort of that success.

Good luck in the future !!!

Mark