• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK Jim,

Count on an extra ice chest from us! 

Will also bring a few greens to augment Don's corn ...  do expect the the lambs and the goats to be represented....  but in smaller cuts....

Yea, we'll kill 'em in Kim's backyard and cut 'em into BBQ sized pieces.

Let me get all this straight---NO on site butchering--NO Hand grenade fishing-No shorts and tank top at Jakes, Shoes ARE required AND your daily high temp is only around seventy and it is only fifty at night???!!!! Ya'll Oregonianiters are a hard bunch to please!!!!!!!!!

only seventy during the day? Isn't that risky?

Trigg they said there will be sheep and goat pieces. That should make up for the other short comings.........unless that referred to you and me  :blink:

Yea, Dan. D'ya think we should insure all of our pieces parts??-Just in case??

Bing a coat - it's supposed to rain this weekend.

A coat? You don't just stay in bed when it rains in Oregon?

If we did we would be in bed 8 months out of the year. We basically have two seasons here. Rain and summer. Portland is about 80 miles as the crow flies from the Olympic rain penninsula. The highest rate of rainfall in the continental US. Interestinly enough though Atlanta has a higher annual rain fall than Portland. The difference is Here it stops raining in the summer. .

When I lived in Oregon, there was a running joke......"How can you tell a native Oregonian?"      "They don't own an umbrella."    I miss the rainfall.

That is actually true. You can tell the people that have lived here a long time because they don't have an umbrella. Too much hassle to carry one around with you. I don't have one. Bing has 3 or 4.