With all this talk about a Saturday night dinner somewhere, I'm starting to think about coming up then and spending the night in Puddle Town. If that arrangement gets firmed up I'll see if I can convince Xiahong to spring for a motel rather than do the round trip.

After getting my mouth watering for that 1800's seafood place as a BBQ appetizer you mean it isn't definite?

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all this talk about a Saturday night dinner somewhere, I'm starting to think about coming up then and spending the night in Puddle Town. If that arrangement gets firmed up I'll see if I can convince Xiahong to spring for a motel rather than do the round trip.

After getting my mouth watering for that 1800's seafood place as a BBQ appetizer you mean it isn't definite?

As I undeerstand it we are going to a place named jakes for seafood saturday night.

Right??? Anyone know??? Anyone care??

Don, i think most are trying to stay at the Days in City Center Saturday night. I know we are. C'mon in and I'll force myself to let you by a beer.

Oh by the way, don't anyone let out how much this thing is costing. I don't want to start out in trouble. I'm still trying to get her to stay at a nice place where she can relax in GZ. "But that costs much." I hope she understands costs are more here for less.

Oh by the way, don't anyone let out how much this thing is costing. I don't want to start out in trouble. I'm still trying to get her to stay at a nice place where she can relax in GZ. "But that costs much." I hope she understands costs are more here for less.

Yea, what dan said and more. When meeting my wife the best possible thing to say is. "Ah, Trigg's wife, your husband has said so many nice things about you"

The wrong thing to say is, "Ah, Trigg's old lady, How much did Trigg spend to come to Oregon? Is it true what Trigg says, that he is the lord of his house and you better listen to him?"

Yes no matter the disagreements over hair, barn yard prefences, fishing methods and the national language debate we do expect enforcement of the code of silence should anyone then or later speak with SOs. It is a matter of CFL honor.

As for Saturday, I just looked at Jake's Crawfish place on the internet. That is the one right not Jake's Grill? If so no if ands or buts about it I'll be there Saturday night. Who else is coming?

Considered one of the top ten seafood restaurants in the nation, Jake’s Famous Crawfish has been a downtown Portland landmark for more than 110 years.

Jake's features more than 30 varieties of fresh fish and seafood flown in daily, making a true Pacific Northwest statement using fresh Northwest products and served in a traditional and timeless presentation.

Enjoy salmon roasted on a cedar plank; Oregon Dungeness crab; Chinook salmon stuffed with crab, shrimp and brie; great pasta's, poultry dishes and excellent selection of prime steaks.

The bar at Jake’s has been a popular gathering spot with visitors and locals alike. Enjoy hand-shaken cocktails made with fresh-squeezed juices or a selection from the premium beer and wine list while visiting with friends, family or business associates. Jake’s – A tradition for generations.

Historical Marquee at Entrance to Jake's.

Jake's "A Classic" Dining Room.

http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/main.c...initial&locID=1

Yeah, its gotta be the original Jakes...

Really is an institution in Portland, you will not be disappointed, even if it is a little on the spendy side ----- but not like a Ruth Chris or anything...

And unlike some institutions, which rest on their laurels, Jakes really does continue to have very high standards over a hundred years later in every department!

So while I don't remember who suggested it, I think it is a good suggestion!

One thing:

Jakes (particularly on a Saturday night) ---- willl be strictly reservation only ----- so if people are serious about Jakes, suggest we take a head count of those seriously interested ---- no "maybes" No point is pissing off the wait staff with no shows on a busy night ---- its that kind of a place...

... they publish every day what the call a "Fresh Sheet" ---- it comes with the traditional menu which is already spectacular, but on it are specials (seafood mostly) coming in from around the world, and scored by the Chef --- (special enough to make the Fresh Sheet..)

If this sounds familiar for some of you who have dinned in the So. part of China, you arn't far off ----- on anything but the price... Is it worth it? minus the price of the plane ticket, I think so...

I think it was Dan that asked if there was a seafood restaurant with local flavor so the first place that came to my mind was Jakes. It is a world famous restaurant. Kim is right we better make reservations. Count Bing and I in. Kim you want to make the reservations? I also have a suggestion for lunch on Saturday. There is a little hole in the wall Chinese restaurant called Mandarin house. The Chinese call it Jin Wa. Probably some of the best Chinese food in Portland but not real well known. It is right next to the Saturday market which is another fun place to waste some time in Portland.