• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can do the butchering. So, is it a cougar or you who is getting butchered?  I've butchered my share of lambs but this year I reached a new level of butcherydom. The wifey showed me the dos and don'ts of the meat clever. I skinned and processed 13 deer and mastered filleting catfish (wife won't clean catfish), all with nothing but the clever.

If ya'll are wantin' goat they are cheap and I do them too.  Goats are a bit harder as you have to keep the hair of the meat and they wiggle too much when you first start skinnin' 'em.

First we will have to see the outcome of the rasslin match. Try practicing with the clever on rabbirs and squirrels. Once you get good at you shouldn't have a problem with hair on the meat. The catfish works well on a flat surface but try hanging the goats by the rear legs. It will be easier. Oh before I forget, did you try killing them first? If not this could be the reason for the wiggle as goats are fiesty critters that don't like being butchered. Unlike sheep that will ....... (decided not to say [ did I just use better judgement? I'm calling Dad he'll be proud] wouldn't want this kicked to the LL like so many posts recently. The LL is getting crowded. You have to watch what you say or someone might get the wrong idea and run with it.)

Hey Dan, I ain't no begginer at goat skinnin'. Of course I hang 'em by their back legs-same way I do the catfish but the catfish. Only difference is the catfish don't have as much hair. Their ain't no need to kill the goat first as they die soon enough after you get the BBQ good 'n hot.

Now sheeps are a bit easier. If you have practiced enough, you can just talk 'em out of their skin and on to the barbie.

(there was a cougar warning posted last year on one local trail, but don't worry, they only feed at night --- sheep and goats mostly, so I hear...)

Kim, don't they prefer black goats?

:D

"Now sheeps are a bit easier. If you have practiced enough, you can just talk 'em out of their skin and on to the barbie." Trigg isn't that the analyst's version of Davey Crockett's method of grinnin' them down?

(there was a cougar warning posted last year on one local trail, but don't worry, they only feed at night --- sheep and goats mostly, so I hear...)

Kim, don't they prefer black goats?

:D

"Now sheeps are a bit easier. If you have practiced enough, you can just talk 'em out of their skin and on to the barbie." Trigg isn't that the analyst's version of Davey Crockett's method of grinnin' them down?

'Zactly