E-mailing GZ or calling DOS

I wanted to update this after calling DOS just now. I don't have a lot of time and will fill in the blanks this evening when I get home.

I don't know why people have said that talking to men there would not get anything, but I talked with a very nice gentleman and he gave me the type of news I've been waiting for.

June 16 at 8:00am!!!!!!!!!!!

My hands are shaking so much now it's hard to type. Thank you all for your support. I know I'm far from done, and panic will set in a little later. But for now? :P  :D  :D  :D  :P  :D  :D  :)  B)  :)  B)

Congratulations Jim !

I know from your posts you have been waiting so long for this! It seems like Friday the 13th has been a good day for you, and for me as well. I also spoke with a man this morning and he told me that the consulate has finally received our P3 papers and entered them into the computer.

Wish our P4 news will come quickly!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to update this after calling DOS just now. I don't have a lot of time and will fill in the blanks this evening when I get home.

I don't know why people have said that talking to men there would not get anything, but I talked with a very nice gentleman and he gave me the type of news I've been waiting for.

My hands are shaking so much now it's hard to type. Thank you all for your support. I know I'm far from done, and panic will set in a little later. But for now? :P  :P  :D  :P  :P  :D  :D  B)  :D  :D  :D

heh heh heh heh Yes, Jim, some of the lucky ones who have gone before you know how that feels. For me the excitement of getting the interview date became the excitement of going to China for the interview to the excitement of being with my Amy to the excitement of getting the actual visa to the excitement of us coming home together to the excitement of pasing through the point of entry to the excitement of seeing her every day.

IN OTHER WORDS, IT CONTINUES TO GET BETTER FROM NOW ON !! :) :) B)

GONGRATS!!!!!

P.S. Take many vitamins!! ;)

Zingaro,

Did you ever get a straight answer about the name check? It is alarming to me that such a thing can just be thrown to the wind like that. It sounds very similar to my experience with NVC that just one day went though out of the blue.

I am also planning on calling DOS in the morning, unfortunatly, I only can do that early because of work and being here on the left coast. I usually am not home until well after they close.

No, I really haven't gotten a straight answer on the name check from DOS. After speaking with 3 different people at DOS, the picture I've developed is this: DOS sends the file for name check/security check to FBI/CIA/etc. DOS then waits for the security/intelligence agencies to spit it back out with an up or down vote.

The folks at DOS routinely tell me that once it's into the name check process, there's no way DOS can influence it or find out anythiing about it.

I plan to telephone DOS again on Monday or Tuesday. I'll ask for the "Name Check for Dummies" version of the process. I definitely have some confusion on how it works and what it is. For example, one DOS person told me that there's a name check and there's a security check, two separate processes, but both lumped under the "name check" umbrella.

Congrats to Feathers268 and wulongtea both. Good to see the timing for most people remains on schedule at the least.

Zingaro, I am hoping Monday not only increases your knowledge and ours, but that change happens as well.

From your lips to Guz's ears!!

My hands are shaking so much now it's hard to type. Thank you all for your support. I know I'm far from done, and panic will set in a little later. But for now? :P  :D  :lol:  :D  :P  :D  :lol:  :)  B)  :)  B)

Geez Jim, try to show a little excitement will 'ya. :lol: Congratulations and good luck.

Guest blsqueaky

This will show that at least NVC is reading our emails

Dear Sir,

Your inquiry has been received at the National Visa Center (NVC).

All of the documentation has been received. As soon as the file is transferred to the US Embassy or Consulate General, you will be notified.

Now what makes me question this is their wording, I will be notified and where it is going to be sent

It was December 13, 2003 at around 12;30 pm, I hugged and kissed Jennifer good bye and boarded that plane for SFO. I couldn't help but tear up as the plane turned and without any hesitation accelerated down the runnway and screamed into the air. It almost seems fitting that another date of the 13th would be when I learn the date I would once again see her again. :lol:

Thank you so much everyone. I can not tell you all how much this site has meant to me in keeping me together and believing that good thing can and would finally come. I know we are not done by a long shot but the next mile marker is just ahead and above all else, I'll be seeing my Jennifer again real soon. :redblob: :greenblob: :redblob: :greenblob: :redblob: :greenblob: :redblob: :greenblob: :lol:

There are so many details still to work out, and I still need to talk with Jen, she doesn't even know yet. :redblob: I talked with her cousin and she told me of another cousin who just got married in Beijing so that is a possible place for me to travel to. I'll post here where and when we will be traveling so we could meet anyone who will be around. I'll be in and out, as my mind is racing about a million miles a minute. B)

BTW, I graduated HS in Friday June 13,1986 so I guess, 13 is very lucky for me. B)

Thank you GZ, now please be king to my dear Jennifer next month. :P