How can this be possible?

... said it had been "pending for some months". But when I asked for dates, she couldn't or wouldn't give them to me.

I've read several other posts describing the same thing. Whether it is official policy to deny us that information, or whether it is just certain people like the lady you talked to, I would call her superiors at DoS to complain about this. Do you know what office she was in?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would try calling different times and days to DOS, as that is probably your best chance at getting someone who will read to you what is on the screen.  The next is to ask Mari and Maui & China what they did, as they are the two who have recently been unfortunate to have this happen to them.

Thanks again, noonefu. I had planned to telephone DOS again on Monday to try to persuiade them to tell me what's on the computer. At this point, what I know is that our K-1 is off the rails. I just want to assess how far off the rails it is, and work out a plan to get it back on the rails.

If Mari and Maui & China still on this board, I'll contact them offline and ask about their experience.

Richard

... said it had been "pending for some months". But when I asked for dates, she couldn't or wouldn't give them to me.

I've read several other posts describing the same thing. Whether it is official policy to deny us that information, or whether it is just certain people like the lady you talked to, I would call her superiors at DoS to complain about this. Do you know what office she was in?

Thanks very much for your advice.

I find it interesting that information is given so selectively. Many here have received information about log-in dates, specific case status, etc. But others have been denied that information. In our case, I have been denied that information by more than one person, in more than one place. I can only speculate about the reasons why.

When I telephoned DOS, I called 202-663-1225, waded through the menu, and a live woman answered the phone 26 minutes later. I don't know what office she was iin.

When I telephone again on Monday, I'll request that information. If no satisfaction, then I'll telephone other DOS and consular affairs offices. If I still don't get anything more concrete, then I'll go the contact-my-Congressman and Senator route. That's my best plan at the moment.

It is a very discourageing feeling having to tell the wife your estimate was too early. the dates keep getting pushed farthur away the closer we get. Sometimes it seems like the visa isn't real. Only heard other people talk about it. No reason to be in a hurry or even care. Sometimes I think I'm fooling my self too. Just gotto keep getting out of bed in the morning. keeps getting harder and harder the longer we wait. keep on keepin on.'

I remember when I had to first (ugh, yes I more than once revised it!) tell Zixuan about 'adjusting the date out... She got very, very upset. It was all I could do to keep from tearing myself from hearing her torn by it all. In the end, she is the one that keeps telling me, "I wait. ok. I already wait 30 years".

Maybe somehow ironic, if we knew the wait was even two years, I am sure that very few, if any, would of changed their minds about going through it..

Frankly, when I see some of the I-130 timelines, I keep my mouth closed and don't complain. I know you guys are really tired of the waiting...

oh, and give this a try. Since there's not much you can do about now. So, there's nothing to loose. Let's start disturbing these guys who gave us all the trouble!

Deputy Assistant Secretary for Visa Services

Deputy Assistant Secretary Janice Jacobs

(202) 647-9584

Managing Director Stephen A. Edson

(202) 663-1153

Senior Advisor Diane R. Bean

(202) 663-1155

Best wishes.

Joray:

Wow !    You made the posting leap from Zen to Revolution in one post !!!

You'll get along well here at CFL !

:lol: :lol: ;) Pacifist to Protester in 1 post!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is pretty funny. But having your live on hold with no explanation is an extraordinary circumstance that IMHO sometimes needs drastic measures. I would call my congressman, senators and all of the DOS numbers that Joray listed until someone could give me a straight answer!! It's the very least they could do!!

Joray:

Wow !    You made the posting leap from Zen to Revolution in one post !!!

You'll get along well here at CFL !

:lol: :lol: :lol: Pacifist to Protester in 1 post!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is pretty funny. But having your live on hold with no explanation is an extraordinary circumstance that IMHO sometimes needs drastic measures. I would call my congressman, senators and all of the DOS numbers that Joray listed until someone could give me a straight answer!! It's the very least they could do!!

Seeing that she lives in China makes it a little tough... Maybe she was trying to get us to do the 'dirty work' ... although she seems to have more contact info than I can get !! :P

Bubba: I believe that. I think they make the process intentionally long, figuring that some people will just give up along the way. Part of that may be an effort to eliminate fraud -- they probably figure that if they set the barrier pretty high, potential fraudsters will figure it's too much trouble, and move on to some other next scam.

Bubba: I believe that.  I think they make the process intentionally long, figuring that some people will just give up along the way.  Part of that may be an effort to eliminate fraud -- they probably figure that if they set the barrier pretty high, potential fraudsters will figure it's too much trouble, and move on to some other next scam.

Not sure that this makes sense, unless specifically aimed at the US... Since I thought I had heard that other countries process faster...

Anyone know of the processes for other countries??

Government does not equal efficiency.

That said, I think the massive delay is due to many factors:

1. More likely to be a scam (thus need more checks).

2. Limited to one consulate for immigrant visas.

3. Number of applicants

4. China is a communist country ...

You cannot compare China to England because of this. If some knows immigration stats, maybe we can compare to India or maybe Phillipines.

There are a number of different ways to solve the problem, and reduce the wait time. However, i doubt that it will ever become less then 6 months because of #1 and #4. They could, however, process immigrant visas at several consulates, instead of one. That would eliminate # 2 and #3 to a point.

I want to make sure that my original point / question is clear...

I meant whether other countries applying for a visa for a Chinese SO...

How does Australia or Germany K-1 visa processing compare for getting their Chinese SOs visa?

I thought I had heard of some country having an interview by phone ?? That is certainly different than us...