Waiting to hear from USCIS

Hi gang-

Congtratulations to everyone who has recently received their white slip without complication.

An encapsulated history for newbies... On Dec 8 my fiancee was told to return for her visa the next day...upon arrival Dec 9 she was a handed a blue slip with the reason "not enough evidence, blah blah, blah....that same day I spoke to my attorney, who then proceeded to put a case together for me. All this was in the hope all could be resolved while my case was in GZ....

On January 25th I learned (through congressional inquiry).

my case was being sent back to U.S.C.I.S. for possible revocation....all this supposedly the result of a "second review " of my case and "third party correspondence" ( which remains a mystery till the case gets back to USCIS).

Three days ago, March 3rd, the indignant GZ goons called my fiancee asking her pick up the materials my attorney had sent (due to the fact our case is no longer in GZ)...I'm wondering something...why did it take so long for them to return our materials?? Is this a significant thing?

....I'm hoping this is a good sign that things will get moving here in the states. As you know, we cannot make any progress or respond till USCIS has contacted my attorney... we will not know what all this "third party correspondence" is about, or the nature of it till such time.

My attorney says we will have time to respond and have justice served...in the meantime, bureaucracy ensures my so and I lose precious time....while real hooligans and threats continue to penetrate the Mexican bordertown I live in.

I have been following your case with interest wondering how some third party correspondence can de-rail the process. I hope things work out for the best.

Your lawyer is probably already aware of these documents, but I thought I'd go ahead and link them. The first is a link to the FAM dealing with revocation and supposedly provides guidance on when to return a K petition. http://foia.state.gov/masterdocs/09fam/0941081N.pdf

The second is a directive from then Sec. of State Powell on the same subject. http://www.immigration-law.com/Misc.html (Down toward the bottom is the section titled "DOS Addresses Petition Revocations ".)

What I find disturbing in this whole thing is that it is clear that a return of the files stateside is only to be used sparingly and must be supported by evidence that would likely stand up in court. This is a pretty high standard. If GZ has followed the guidance appropriately (maybe a stretch), this would suggest that there must be something out there that seems pretty compelling. For example, I could see a problem if this third party claimed that you or your fiancee is already married AND had proof to support the allegation. But, if GZ is doing its job, an unsupported allegation would appear to be insufficient to warrant returning the files to the US.

Right now, only GZ and possibly USCIS know what's in the files. Hopefully, your lawyer will be able to get to the bottom of this. Hang in there.

Alex my heart goes out to you. I have seen a few people run through the wringer, been there myself but your case is the most convoluted I have yet to see. It appears that the 3rd party correspondence is the thorn in your side. As Frank says either they have stepped way out of line or they have something very compelling. It is too bad you cant take their sorry ass to court and sue them for slander. Hang in there man. You will prevail. don't let the bastards grind you down.

Your story is certainly an eye opener for those of us still in line. Our interview is only 2 days away now. My SO's last boss offered her a visa for 30,000 RMB. Of course we turned him down but it makes me wonder if he may have it in for us now. I'm sure I don't have to tell anyone on this site that China is a very corrupt country. You are certainly being scr*w*d in every way. We wish you and your SO the very best.

Alex,

Our hearts continue to go out to you...

But this is also a reminder: DON'T ENCOURAGE YOUR SO TO TALK: (BRAG in some Chinese Eyes, about going to America...)

People whom you may NEVER SUSPECT could have it in for you, and contact the Consulate in ways you are unlikely to every fully understand..

Thanks for the support everyone....throughout this process my fiancee had shared her joy with her circle of friends and co-workers at the old job. I have suggested to everyone out there to tell their so's to keep absolutely mum about what they're doing...My gut feeling tells me innocently ishared information caused all these problems.

I can't imagine what kind of correspondence caused such a problem!! Remember, this is a two fold mystery....My so received a white slip then received a blue slip on the day of pick up. The only reason given THAT DAY was " not enough evidence"......the third party correspondence dilema was revealed at a later date..very suspicious, all of it. I am hoping there's been a clerical or judgemental error in GZ.

I have a gut feeling this has something to do with her ex..

My worst nightmare would be to find ( I hate to say this), my so has been deceptive in some way. If this were the case, then I probably shouldn't marry her anyway. What a nightmare....