AOS Interview scheduled for 8/14

I guess all my worrying last week was in vain:

previous post asking about transfers...

I got home today to find a letter giving us the date for Zhen's AOS Interview!

I did not receive anything telling me it had been transferred to the Local Field Office, no emails, just the I-797C in the mail... maybe the NBC sets the Interview Date for the Local Field Office and then transfers everything to them?

Anyway, just wanted to let people know not to set their expectations by the USCIS Website (like we didn't know that :) ), you may hopefully get your Interviews much sooner than stated there!!

Steve & Zhen

Good luck on the interview. If all the clearances are done, she should get her green card within a few weeks of the interview.

Thanks all! We're very happy it is so soon! :yahoo:

Do you know if they will give us something on paper stating she passed the Interview (before she actually receives the Green Card in the mail)? The reason I ask is because today is Zhen's first day of Nursing School & we got a call last night from the Financial Aid person stating the government said she was not eligible to receive a Federal Student Loan due to the fact that she did not have her Green Card yet... which in hind sight I guess makes sense, they would not want to lend her so much money if they were not sure she would receive her Green Card.

:)

But anyway, Zhen is going to class today with 30% of the Tuition (the part which the US was not going to finance anyway) & the I-797C to show them we do have an Interview Date. The Financial Aid person said she would contact her Director and tell him we have her Interview Date and that all should be fine by 8/14. So I was hoping they might give us something in writing after the Interview so we could finalize the Federal Loan part as soon as possible... If the school does not accept this, then I have to get a loan at a higher rate & Zhen loses her first chance to build Credit in her name, which is second in importance only to her education!

Thanks again!

Steve & Zhen

Do you know if they will give us something on paper stating she passed the Interview

She is suppose to get an I-551 stamp in her passport if she passes. However, because GCs have been issued promptly after passing now a days, many district offices seem to not stamp passports anymore. Even if you directly ask and insist on them stamping your passport with the I-551 stamp, many offices seem to deny this request now a days.

Of course you should still try and get them to stamp your wife's passport. The I-551 stamp is proof that she passed and that stamp is equal to a GC in function.

Good luck.

Do you know if they will give us something on paper stating she passed the Interview

She is suppose to get an I-551 stamp in her passport if she passes. However, because GCs have been issued promptly after passing now a days, many district offices seem to not stamp passports anymore. Even if you directly ask and insist on them stamping your passport with the I-551 stamp, many offices seem to deny this request now a days.

Of course you should still try and get them to stamp your wife's passport. The I-551 stamp is proof that she passed and that stamp is equal to a GC in function.

Good luck.

Cool! Thanks a lot for the info!!

Congratulation! She can show the school the approved letter if they don't stamp the passport. I think that it may work if you talk with the caseworker about how you need to show the school about the approval.

Did your wife get her EAD card already?

Yesterday, 03:47 PM Post #11- Congratulation! She can show the school the approved letter if they don't stamp the passport. I think that it may work if you talk with the caseworker about how you need to show the school about the approval.

I hope so, thanks.

Did your wife get her EAD card already?

Yes, she got that at the end of April.

If your wife got the biometrics notice back with her after the fingerprint was taken?

I'm not sure what you're asking here, sorry. Are you asking if she received something back from the USCIS reagrding Biometrics? I don't remember her getting anything like that; only the letter telling us when she had to go, nothing after going...

Steve

I'm not sure what you're asking here, sorry. Are you asking if she received something back from the USCIS reagrding Biometrics? I don't remember her getting anything like that; only the letter telling us when she had to go, nothing after going...

Steve

Thank you for your response! We received the biometrics appoinment notice for going to take fingerprint, after I took the fingerprint, the officer had me sign my name on the notice, but she didn't return the notice to me, I read from the form that some people got the notice with them after the fingerprint, that means that the officer returned the notice to them after the fingerprit, they also stamped the notice before they gave back the notice to them, Did the fingerprint officer return the notice to your wife with stampled it?