Appealing to your congressman for help

I haven¡¯t seen this posted before, so thought I would share here.

I am appealing to my congressman for help in my wife¡¯s immigration case. Representative Schiff has a staff whose purpose is to help with immigration issues: If you have had troubles dealing with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS), Congressman Schiff¡¯s office may be able to help.

Before they can investigate any case DHS requires that they must receive a signed release

http://schiff.house.gov/NR/rdonlyres/5F295...orkAuthForm.pdf

I¡¯ll let you know if anything results from this endeavor. It¡¯s good to see there¡¯s another avenue besides dealing directly with USCIS etc.

Now, if Leiqin can just remember where she put her new Chinese passport. :Dah: :sosad:

Thanks for the link Dennis.

It seems like in the past, folks have not had good success with their Congressmen, not necessarily due to inaction on the CG's part but perhaps moreso because of USCIS. Lets hope this outlet proves to be more meaningful and practical for you and anyone else.

Good luck in your own case.......

It seems like in the past, folks have not had good success with their Congressmen, not necessarily due to inaction on the CG's part but perhaps moreso because of USCIS. Lets hope this outlet proves to be more meaningful and practical for you and anyone else.

Cripes, I see what you mean now, Ken. I just read the other thread about suing for their GC, as their congressman and others haven¡¯t helped. Gosh, I sure hope it don¡¯t come don¡¯t to that. Maybe, a class action suit?

It¡¯s rather ironic that this extra scrutiny was added as post-911 actions to assure that we don¡¯t let terrorist in. Yet, the persons whom they¡¯re doing name checks and repeated annual biometrics on are already here and have been here for years, working and contributing. Just plain stupid and just plain beyond comprehension.

Cripes, I see what you mean now, Ken. I just read the other thread about suing for their GC, as their congressman and others haven¡¯t helped. Gosh, I sure hope it don¡¯t come don¡¯t to that. Maybe, a class action suit?

It¡¯s rather ironic that this extra scrutiny was added as post-911 actions to assure that we don¡¯t let terrorist in. Yet, the persons whom they¡¯re doing name checks and repeated annual biometrics on are already here and have been here for years, working and contributing. Just plain stupid and just plain beyond comprehension.

Very true. I get really irked hearing about amnesty plans and all the sympathy for illegal aliens who have clearly broken one or more laws to come and stay here, while we citizens who are following the letter of the law to bring our own wives and fiances here are scrutinized as potential criminals. It really is stupid.
I get really irked hearing about amnesty plans and all the sympathy for illegal aliens who have clearly broken one or more laws to come and stay here, while we citizens who are following the letter of the law to bring our own wives and fiances here are scrutinized as potential criminals. It really is stupid.

Actually I think Congress sees the Amnesty plan as a form of punishment.... think about it. All those people who haven't had to deal with USCI(non)S suddenly having to deal with them.

Edited by longstrangetrip (see edit history)

I wrote my Congressman about a month ago. someone from his staff called me at work after i returned a release form, different from the one Dennis posted. nothing has happened yet as far as an answer yet. The young lady seemed pleasant and I called her about 2 weeks ago for an update. She told me of a response from CIS, which was asically, we are currently processing the case, blah, blah, blah.

Finally a week ago, my case was "touched" after 5 months :) , so I'm still waiting.... at least they updated the website to reflect the "touch". I don't want to mention the case is approaching the 9th month without a response.

I guess they haven't told me no, so that is good ?? :D

Edited by NewDay2006 (see edit history)

I am appealing to my congressman for help in my wife¡¯s immigration case. Representative Schiff has a staff whose purpose is to help with immigration issues: If you have had troubles dealing with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS), Congressman Schiff¡¯s office may be able to help.

Before they can investigate any case DHS requires that they must receive a signed release

I¡¯ll let you know if anything results from this endeavor. It¡¯s good to see there¡¯s another avenue besides dealing directly with USCIS etc.

Now, if Leiqin can just remember where she put her new Chinese passport. :draw: :blink:

Sorry to hear you are having problems :o

Somehow i had the impression that your wife had een in the USa for many years

I guess that was not the case

good luck on solving the issues

I haven’t seen this posted before, so thought I would share here.

I am appealing to my congressman for help in my wife’s immigration case. Representative Schiff has a staff whose purpose is to help with immigration issues: If you have had troubles dealing with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS), Congressman Schiff’s office may be able to help.

I’ll let you know if anything results from this endeavor. It’s good to see there’s another avenue besides dealing directly with USCIS etc.

Now, if Leiqin can just remember where she put her new Chinese passport. :draw: :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear you are having problems :o

Leiqin has been here 6 years with asylum status. Asylees typically are at the bottom of the GC pool and wait 8 to 10 years to get their GC, as they aren't expected to travel back to their home country and they can stay here forever if they don't commit a felony.

My early goal after we married was to adjust her status in the hope to quickly gain her GC to allow her to travel home once again. It's difficult for me to explain to her why we continue to wait and that I am doing all I can.

Thanks

Edited by Dennis143 (see edit history)

I wrote my Congressman about a month ago. someone from his staff called me at work after i returned a release form, different from the one Dennis posted. nothing has happened yet as far as an answer yet. The young lady seemed pleasant and I called her about 2 weeks ago for an update. She told me of a response from CIS, which was asically, we are currently processing the case, blah, blah, blah.

Finally a week ago, my case was "touched" after 5 months :blink: , so I'm still waiting.... at least they updated the website to reflect the "touch". I don't want to mention the case is approaching the 9th month without a response.

I guess they haven't told me no, so that is good ?? :huh:

At least you tried and it is one more letter on the subject to them.

Now, if Leiqin can just remember where she put her new Chinese passport. :Dah: :roller:

Sorry to hear you are having problems :(

Leiqin has been here 6 years with asylum status. Asylees typically are at the bottom of the GC pool and wait 8 to 10 years to get their GC, as they aren't expected to travel back to their home country and they can stay here forever if they don't commit a felony.

My early goal after we married was to adjust her status in the hope to quickly gain her GC to allow her to travel home once again. It's difficult for me to explain to her why we continue to wait and that I am doing all I can.

Thanks

I a friend of mine who came to the US in 1969 from Vietnam on a political asylum visa and she also had to wait several years before she became an American citizen by Marrying a Doctor here .

Seems like the program has not gotten any better

Just a quick story of why to not use a congressman....

I was totally unaware of this but when my wife went through customs at the Chicago Airport, the officer failed to return her I-94 form.

At the advice of the business that helped me with the whole immigration process, I went to my congressman for help in getting her I-94 form. After the intial phone conversation I looked at my wife and said "this woman is completely incompetent!" But we went there anyway.

To make the story short, after at least a month this woman called back and said it was OK, that all we needed was her passport. There was not even a mention of the I-94 form on the final letter sent to us!

Go figure! ;) :Dah:

Now, if Leiqin can just remember where she put her new Chinese passport. :Dah: ;)

After you and Leiqin have been married for 3.5 years she can apply for citizenship. Perhaps that will be the fastest way for her, just become a citizen and tell USCIS to pound salt. :P