Guangzhou Consulate's waiting time?

Hi, my first time to this forum. thans in advance for the help!

2 months ago, my fiancee returned the checklist to the Guangzhou consulate to indicate that she has all the documents required for interview ready. she has not heard back from the consulate yet. does anyone have an idea how long it typically takes from the time the checklist is returned to the time an appointment is scheduled?

the Guangzhou consulate is like a little fortress that frustrates any attempt to get any insight on the status of the case. i called the paid answering service but all they could tell me are 2 things: wheather guangzhou has received my case and whether an appointment has been made. i also tried to email them using the funciton provided at the consulate website but it generated no response either. does anyone have any suggestion on an effective way of poking into the blackbox and get some idea of how my case is doing?

Thanks a lot!

First off darren,

Welcome to CFL. You asked the $24 question, and I wish I could give you a resonable answer. A best guess would be you have another 3 to 4 months before the interview but then I have not made it that far either. Typically, information is very hard to get from them. I have usually gone the e-mail route and usually get a response back in 24 hours. What I do get won't be much and like most other steps am told basically I will be informed when something happens. <_<

In the mean time, sit back and relax.

Good luck.

Darren, Welcome to the Official Guangzhou Consulate Waiting Room. Just pull up a chair and go quietly crazy waiting (or not so quietly as with some of us). As Jim points out no one but the great GUZ knows when they will call for interview.

About 5-6 months from the first contact GUZ has with your SO seems to be the current trend.

By the way do you like goat stew (birria)?

thanks for the replies. people here are nice! B)

amy&steve, i only remember she also needs to send in the biographic data (form 230 part I) and sign at the end of the "applicant's statement" (169) and return it. are these the two forms you mentioned? and what's DOS? :blink:

dan, i like lamb in general. but not sure what's the goat stew you meant. i'll probably like it too. <_<

got this response from GUZ today,

"Dear petitioner,

Thank you for your inquiry. The subject mentioned case is about to be

scheduled for a visa interview. Once we schedule the case, we will mail an

appointment packet to the applicant. Due to the huge number of applicant, it

may take a few months to schedule.

Best regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit"

it sounds everything is going ok, right? :ph34r: