Oregon get together 4?

Do they have a nice Chinese two star or People's Railworkers' Hotel in Portland? You know something in the 350-400RMB range? I hope my SO doesn't find out I spent more than 150RMB for a room.

Trigg I'll keep quiet about the stories you told if you don't reveal the cost.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just PLEASE don't tell her about mop slappin! What she doesn't know won't hurt me!!!

Sorry cosmo dude but my wifey will take the talking challenge and may indeed devulge the secrets of mop fu during the 'talk fest'

What secret??? Mine mop slaps me all the time. Guess I culd stop teasin' her all the time. But what's the fun in that?

And you can bet they will compare notes.

Guest aosnow
Renat a car is what one does whem he has already nated a car and needs to do it again.  Handicap aces.. is what some may need at the end of the get together.

dont worry....i do not anticipate a confrontation. if one is started with me, i will deal with it quickly, definitively and decisively.

Need some specifics still. I want to be able to make my reservations for the flight, and hotel at the same time. I hope I will not have to rent a car, but we shall see.

Hardly anywhere from anywhere to anywhere in the Portland metro area is more than 30 minutes. Picking you up at the airport shouldn't be a problem. Depending on how many are coming we may be able to negotiate a group rate at a hotel. How nice of a hotel do you want? There are many Marriots in the area. One is by Lloyd center which is walking distance from the light rail station. Centrally located. Another is downtown also easy to get to the light rail.

Anything not too expensive. Maybe like a Best Western or a Holiday Inn is find.

As for picking from airport, I would appreciate that. Rather not spend $60 / day on something I am likely not going to be using.

Renat a car is what one does whem he has already nated a car and needs to do it again.  Handicap aces.. is what some may need at the end of the get together.

dont worry....i do not anticipate a confrontation. if one is started with me, i will deal with it quickly, definitively and decisively.

This sounds very much like a veiled threat. Are you trying to stir up trouble again or what Joe? The post you quoted wasn't even about you.

AHHHHH ........... JIM ~!

NEED FOR YOU TO CHECK IN~!!! LOT OF PEOPLE HERE NEED TO KNOW WHERE THIS EVENT IS HAPPENIN' !

LONG STRIDER SEEMS TO HAVE A GOOD WEST SIDE LOCATION .... althought it does seem to forclose the roasting of a whole "beast"

..... see how tactful I'm being :wub:

Renat a car is what one does whem he has already nated a car and needs to do it again.  Handicap aces.. is what some may need at the end of the get together.

This sounds very much like a veiled threat. Are you trying to stir up trouble again or what Joe? The post you quoted wasn't even about you.

It was inevitable, without this exchange how would we be sure it was Aosnow and that Carl was paying attention to the thread? Perhaps with this meetup we can put the past behind and let bygones be bygones.

Did someone say we aren't going to roast the whole beast? Sounds like the road kill got run over once too much.

NEED FOR YOU TO CHECK IN~!!!  LOT OF PEOPLE HERE NEED TO KNOW WHERE THIS EVENT IS HAPPENIN'  !

LONG STRIDER SEEMS TO HAVE A GOOD WEST SIDE LOCATION ....  althought it does seem to forclose the roasting of a whole "beast"  

.....  see how tactful I'm being  :wub:

I looked into Cooks Park (in Tigard), looks good but it's $pendy. A resident of Tigard would have to make the reservation, $20 booking fee, then the site fee is around $13 per hour. So for 4 hours it'd be around $72. If we can't get a resident of Tigard to make the reservation, it's double that!

Juxin and I looked at some places this weekend - Washington Park (maybe), Kelly Point Park (nope), still have other places to check out. Keep ya posted!!

UPDATE --- okay, I like Cook Park in Tigard, great facilities. Here's their website: Cook Park in Tigard, Oregon - I'm eyeballing shelter # 3. With the way this "spring" is going, we very well could have rain on that day. But if we go for this, everyone will have to chip in a few bucks, maybe up to $5? But here is the kicker ... a Tigardian would have to make the reservation for us. Does anyone know anyone who knows someone who lives in Tigard who can make the reservation for us? I think they really will want to see "proof" of residence. Oh no ... echos of governmental beauracracy!!

Long_strider, do you live there?

You might look into Clackmette park out by Oregon City too. It's right on the river and close to some interesting historical sites as well. There is a hotel walking distance as well.

Yeah,

I think Carl might be on to something... Clackamet is on the Willamette River isn't it?

Also want to suggest (again) the Latural State park --- also has a shelter, is in the very pristine Columbia river gorge --- but east --- (about 20 mins. by car) -- not west of Portland.

It is right by where the Clackamas river dumps into the Willamette. Right by Gladstone on the 205 freeway. Very close to the End of the Oregon Trail Interpretive Center and some very historic old houses. Folks this is where the pioneers congregated once they arrived in Oregon before heading to their homesteads.

http://www.orcity.org/parks-and-recreation...st-of-parks.pdf

NEED FOR YOU TO CHECK IN~!!!  LOT OF PEOPLE HERE NEED TO KNOW WHERE THIS EVENT IS HAPPENIN'  !

LONG STRIDER SEEMS TO HAVE A GOOD WEST SIDE LOCATION ....  althought it does seem to forclose the roasting of a whole "beast"  

.....  see how tactful I'm being  :lol:

I looked into Cooks Park (in Tigard), looks good but it's $pendy. A resident of Tigard would have to make the reservation, $20 booking fee, then the site fee is around $13 per hour. So for 4 hours it'd be around $72. If we can't get a resident of Tigard to make the reservation, it's double that!

Juxin and I looked at some places this weekend - Washington Park (maybe), Kelly Point Park (nope), still have other places to check out. Keep ya posted!!

UPDATE --- okay, I like Cook Park in Tigard, great facilities. Here's their website: Cook Park in Tigard, Oregon - I'm eyeballing shelter # 3. With the way this "spring" is going, we very well could have rain on that day. But if we go for this, everyone will have to chip in a few bucks, maybe up to $5? But here is the kicker ... a Tigardian would have to make the reservation for us. Does anyone know anyone who knows someone who lives in Tigard who can make the reservation for us? I think they really will want to see "proof" of residence. Oh no ... echos of governmental beauracracy!!

Long_strider, do you live there?

Blue Lake Park might be a thought...