AOS Approved

I thought I had a grasp on what was expected to happen after Jingwen filed for AOS back in April, 2004...wait, wait, wait and then go for the interview (Atlanta is about 2+years behind in processing AOS), but...

She just received an I-797 welcoming her the the US and notifying her that her application for permanent residence has been approved and that she would receive her green card in about 3 weeks.

What happened to the interview? Is her AOS done (except for the removal of conditions)?

From what I understand, this is a new sting operation the government is doing to get rid of SOs of American undesirables. When she/he shows up to pick up the green card, she/he is wisked back to her/his country of origin. The American undesirable is then sent a letter saying "We knew you enjoyed the waiting and separation before, and didn't want to end the fun."

:) Seriously ... congrats. Sorry if you we're you really looking forward to doing the interview ...

Thanks a lot Frank!!! Fang ling is on the phone to Jingwen now. the last thing she said to me was " Why Jingwen husband so smart and my husband so stupid?"..I think she is warming up the mop!!!!! Ouchyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

<_< Had the same thing happen to me when you jumped to the front of the line in Memphis. :ph34r: