Vietnam is high on our list of places to go. First is Japan which I will show her. Then she wants to show me Malayasia which she likes. On that trip we will probably visit Vietnam and Singapore. Perhaps at sometime a group trip would be fun and Thoa might show us around on one of their trips home.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chinese are good at no mentioning the past... not mentioning the future... but experiencing the present.    Stay in the present and you will understand your SO.

This may be the hardest lesson I've learned, but I'm determined to free myself from the western chains...

This is exactly my experience and one of the things I hope also to plant in my brain from a cross-cultural marriage. I have always lived too much in the past and in the future and knowing that it is better to BE in the present does not get me there. But I hope that BEING with my new wife who is very much rooted in the present will allow me to live there more and more also. I do agree also that this is a very difficult thing to change about oneself but I am determined to give it my best shot... :unsure:

We planning to visit Viet nam every year and buy a house there in 5 years,  hate the fact it be summer there each time, but we may vist china a lot  too  during that time.

Be glad to have company visit in viet nam

Robert

We will be retiring in China in 5 years. We can stop down in VN to visit in the winter but forget the summer...42... :unsure: good way to sweat off the extra pounds though... :o

Ah, Robert. When you get back tell us again why a woman from Vietnam. I think you will have a longer list.  The Vietnamese are an amazing and interesting people. If you don't get addicted to the food I will want to know why.

I didn't get to tour like Trigg but have always wanted to visit there.

I expect an answer to this by the end of summer.

:rolleyes:

Uh, Dan, I did four 'tours' but they weren't excactly of the sight seeing variety. Dust off those old brain cells and try hard to remember the sixties and early seventies.

All in all It is a great place and the women a remarkable.

When I started to look for an asian woman I realized right away that Chinese and Vietnamese women were the most beautiful... ;)

Same here Roger, Filipinas are nice, but I like the classic asian look.

ah...yuuppp... :o :D

Lucky for you two you found someone who doesn't :wub: :D

Uh, Dan, I did four 'tours' but they weren't excactly of the sight seeing variety. Dust off those old brain cells and try hard to remember the sixties and early seventies.

My father was there in 1968 for Vietnamese/Chinese New Years (Tet). I went in 2002.

Less fireworks during my trip ...

Probably just as many mosquitoes ...

My father was there in 1968 for Vietnamese/Chinese New Years (Tet). I went in 2002.

Less fireworks during my trip ...

Probably just as many mosquitoes ...

Yup, I made Tet of '68 also-exciting times for sure.