Sammy the Snail

Over the last month or so, my wife has been getting into learning about the visa process and been looking around 001. (finally :rolleyes: ) Makes me happy to talk shop with her about the visa without having to define every term. She's all over the timelines and procedures like I am. She can really appriciate the stress I'ver been through over our visa. I mailed the DS230 to NH on March 8th. currently waiting for the P4. My wife e-mailed GZ herself and got a reply back the next day.

To: Amy

Subject: RE: Amy GUZ2004

Dear Amy,

We have checked our records based on the name and case number you

provided, but were not able to locate a case for you. It seems that we have not

yet received your case.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Consulate General, Guangzhou

To respond to this email, use only the web form at

www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzhou/iv/email.html. E-mails sent via

"reply" will not be received. You can access limited case specific information - confirm Visa Petition arrival at post and verify interview date - at the National Visa Information Call enter (a for fee service).

See www.usavisainformation.com.cn/eng/index.aspx. Call Center # (China)

400-872-333 (International) 8621-3881-4611

This email is UNCLASSIFIED based upon the provisions of E.O. 12958

-----Original Message-----

To: guangzhouivform@state.gov

Subject: (Amy) GUZ2004

Name(pinyin): (Amy)

Email_Address:

Is This Your First Email?: yes

Beneficiary Name (pinyin):

Relationship to Beneficiary: Self

Beneficiary Date of Birth:

Beneficiary Case Number: GUZ2004

Beneficiary Visa Category(optional): CR1 and K3

Subjects: When Will I Receive My Appointment Letter?

Message_Text (optional):

Dear officer:

my husband sent DS203 to NH on 8th Mar. this year, i want to check

it if my case in GUANGZHOU now ,and when can i get P4? Thank you for your

reading and help.

(Amy)

Now it's my turn to find out what the hold up is. I see that 1 month is about the typical wait time. We're just past that now. hopefully any day now.

here's a quicky for you. since we're talkin about the mail, i thought i'de share a snail joke. I'm not telling it right, but you'll get the drift anyway.

sammy the snail bought a car.

after he got the car he painted a big letter "S" on the side of the door.

when people saw it they wondered ... "why the "S" Sammy?"

They asked Sammy... Is it cause your name starts w/ S?

Sammy said No

Is it cause your a snail and it starts w/ S?

Sammy said No

Then why do you have an S on the side of your car Sammy?

sammy said...

when people see me driving they will say "Hey, look at the that "S" car go!!!"http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons6/24.gifhttp://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons6/24.gifhttp://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons6/24.gif

Good one on the joke. :lol:

I was wondering, did you get confirmation about the package being sent from NH? I am obviosly in a different class with K1, but we were stuch at NVC for 3 months even though at the time, timelines were usually around 20 to 30 days.

Priority Air next day service. Some things you can always count on...

Death.

Taxes.

The US post office.

and then..... _______________ aggghh you fill in the blank yourself, you already know what I'm gonna say. I'll just zip it this time. :rolleyes: :D :D

I only know that when I estimate my own timeline , I just double it. That way anything under is a suprise.

Mengxin,

ask you SO call DHL: 8008108000 or 020-86669288 to check the tracing no. for the parcels leaving from Portsmouth, NH - USA (DHL code prt ) or

Manchester, NH - USA (dhl code mht) on Mar.8th, 2005. DHL will tell your SO all the tracing no. for the parcels leaving from NVC to GZ on that day. Then she can check whether the parcels have been cleared or not. After the clearance, it takes 2-4 weeks for GZ to key the case into computer. (I was told that the parcel leaving on Mar.8th has some problem of clearance, unable to deliver) Hope there should be no problem.

Sawadee, Thanks a lot.

It figures that the day I send the final package out there's problems. I need to shake this dark cloud over my head. damn. :greenblob:

already looking at a Sept interview time frame. Scratch that. I'm gonna go dig a hole in the ground to stick my head in now.

Our 1st aniversary is next month. It will surely be difficult to smile on a day that most couples share happiness.

I needed to check myself there. I misunderstood at 1st. I sent my DS230 TO NH that day. It didn't leave FROM NH that day. What a shitty day I had today. I can breath a little now. Wo Fon za http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons6/35.gif

Sawadee, When you say "same boat", you don't mean the Titanic do you?

I don't feel happy about this news for some reason. I feel angry, because it's taken too long. The priority date appearantly doesn't mean anything. So I am at the same point as a VT K1 started this year. 10 months of waiting so far, including the 2 months my lawyer cost us. Our GZ journey has only just begun. (Carpenters...he he :() Standby to standby more ranting to follow... :P <_<

Sent: Friday, April 15, 2005 10:11 AM

To: 'Doug'

Subject: RE: GUZ2004

Dear Sir:

Your inquiry has been received at the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC has completed its processing of the visa petition you mentioned in your email and has forwarded the petition to the US Consulate General listed below for further processing on April 12, 2005.

Any further inquiries should be directed to the US Consulate General listed below.

Case Number: GUZ2004

Beneficiary's Name: Amy

Preference Category: CR1

Your Priority Date: 04Aug2004

Foreign State Chargeability: CHINA - MAINLAND

U.S. Embassy/Consulate:

CONSULATE GENERAL OF THE UNITED STATES, VISA UNIT

1 SHAMIAN STREET SOUTH

GUANGZHOU 510133

PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA

Regards,

National Visa Center

Every time I think about my wait I look at the immigration page on processing and assigning the quota numbers. A friend is an aplicant from Mexico his sister the petitioner. Luckily he has a Tax I.D. and pays taxes faithfully while in this country. Even with this California wont give a license because only the SSN is accepted. The numbers look the same and it works the same and it will be his SSN when his status changes. He has waited 10 years and when he last called in was told currently he can expect three more years for interview.

Well I am learning why we are the home of the brave. We must be! <_<

Today is tax day

Feds own report states that preparing and investigating tax returns is the single greatest loss of productivity in this country. A gov study a few years ago showed that a flat tax would be much lower on the average, not require the huge beauracracy and generate more revenue.

Don't you just love politics? NOT

Today is tax day

Feds own report states that preparing and investigating tax returns is the single greatest loss of productivity in this country. A gov study a few years ago showed that a flat tax would be much lower on the average, not require the huge beauracracy and generate more revenue.

Seems inconceivable that there is something that wastes more productivity than arguing about politics... :( <_< :P

Today is tax day

If I owed the gov, I'de tell them "you'll get my taxes, after I get my visa. Make me wait? I teach you guys a lesson. Yup. take that!" but somehow I get the feeling that they could live without the $500 I might owe, more than I need the visa from them to be with my wife.

That would still be a lose\lose situation for me. If I went to jail for tax evasion that would mean I couldn't rant about them on CFL. They'de still get the $$$ in the end, with interest.

No CFL, No Love. :blink: :(

Every time I think about my wait I look at the immigration page on processing and assigning the quota numbers. A friend is an aplicant from Mexico his sister the petitioner. Luckily he has a Tax I.D. and pays taxes faithfully while in this country. Even with this California wont give a license because only the SSN is accepted. The numbers look the same and it works the same and it will be his SSN when his status changes. He has waited 10 years and when he last called in was told currently he can expect three more years for interview.

Latino's (Mexicans) are the majority population in CA. He doesn't know anyone here that can't hook the vato up?

Our 1st aniversary is next month. It will surely be difficult to smile on a day that most couples share happiness.

Ours is next next month~~ :(

We are in the same boat. :blink:

I know exactly how you feel. Our first anniversery is coming up in June. It will not be a happy one. Also, tomorrow (April 16th) is Ying's birthday and even though I sent her some birthday presents, it just is not the same as seeing her open them and being showered with kisses for remembering it. :blink: