Staying healthy

FIRST OF ALL........ TRIGG ~!!! :rolleyes: :angry:

The handwriting is on the wall, and YOU know it !!! :angry:

YOU need to change your ways RIGHT NOW~! Your health demands it, and if I have to, I'll get a group letter together to send to the VA demanding that you: 1. Quit smoking 2. Get some execise 3. STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM SWEETS .....

I haven't mentioned beer here. Trigg, because I have a debt to pay.. My Father in law has the same disease you do, but manages it well ---- well enought to drink a few when I come to vist him......

Trigg, time to listen to the voices lookin' out for you! .... and I know its hard, particularly for you, but time to do what you're told: For your own sake!

Back to the subject of tea ~ for me, its "working mans" Oolong --- very dark, smokey, and cheap at the local Chinese market --- drink it hot during the day (fall to spring) then over ice, with maybe a little lime or lemon during the summer...

Father in law controls his diabetes drinking a lot of green tea.. I like it iced when I'm doing hard physical work (or working out) ... but otherwise, seems too weak for me....

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since most of us are much older than our SOs, did your SO ask you to do the following:

Eat healthy (cut down on red meat)

Exercise

Stop drinking

Stop smoking

Take vitamins

Work less hours

My wife always want me to exercise more.  I said I walked 7 miles a day while working.

All of the above-except work less. She is getting to be a real pain hounding me about health and weight and and and. "Husband!!!!! You no eat all day all night, I want you have good body!" Yap, yap yap yap-sounds one of those little bitty mexican chiwuaha dogs. Yap yap yap yap

Trigg, I hope you don't take this in a bad way...but

LISTEN UP BONEHEAD... :blink:

Remember when you went to Vietnam and thought you were invincible and instead got your butt shot off. Well this time is for keeps. The grim reaper is not fooling around and he takes no prisoners. Take care of yourself and do what wifey tells you to. Don't you want to be around to enjoy your family for many years yet? What's it take to get through to you? I'm going to send wifey down one of my old Louisville Sluggers and a pair of batting gloves to make a real impression because the mop slapping is not enough for you. Get with the program !!! WAKE UP... B)

Since most of us are much older than our SOs, did your SO ask you to do the following:

Exercise

Stop drinking

Stop smoking

Take vitamins

Work less hours

My wife always want me to exercise more.  I said I walked 7 miles a day while working.

All of the above-except work less. She is getting to be a real pain hounding me about health and weight and and and. "Husband!!!!! You no eat all day all night, I want you have good body!" Yap, yap yap yap-sounds one of those little bitty mexican chiwuaha dogs. Yap yap yap yap

LISTEN UP BONEHEAD... :greenblob:

Remember when you went to Vietnam and thought you were invincible and instead got your butt shot off. Well this time is for keeps. The grim reaper is not fooling around and he takes no prisoners. Take care of yourself and do what wifey tells you to. Don't you want to be around to enjoy your family for many years yet? What's it take to get through to you? I'm going to send wifey down one of my old Louisville Sluggers and a pair of batting gloves to make a real impression because the mop slapping is not enough for you. Get with the program !!! WAKE UP... :redblob:

Butt shot off??? I just looked-It's still there and growing nicely. Soooooo, maybe I am invincible after all? I know my butt is-got it shot off and it grew back.

Mei won ti

Exercise

Stop drinking

Stop smoking

Take vitamins

Work less hours

Remember when you went to Vietnam and thought you were invincible and instead got your butt shot off. Well this time is for keeps. The grim reaper is not fooling around and he takes no prisoners. Take care of yourself and do what wifey tells you to. Don't you want to be around to enjoy your family for many years yet? What's it take to get through to you? I'm going to send wifey down one of my old Louisville Sluggers and a pair of batting gloves to make a real impression because the mop slapping is not enough for you. Get with the program !!! WAKE UP... :redblob:

Butt shot off??? I just looked-It's still there and growing nicely. Soooooo, maybe I am invincible after all? I know my butt is-got it shot off and it grew back.

Mei won ti

Har har har...always the comedian...you'll have your pall bearers in stitches... :V:

Exercise

Stop drinking

Stop smoking

Take vitamins

Work less hours

Mei won ti

Har har har...always the comedian...you'll have your pall bearers in stitches... :V:

Nope, not stitches but maybe I'll have 'em in trusses-I'm a big guy.

I'm a big guy... I did lose 35 pounds last year... keeping it off. I stay away from too many sweets. I have only drank maybe 10 cokes all year. and I cut out too much rice and potatoes. I want to lose maybe 30-40 more pounds... I basically only have a big stomach... I'm 6"4" , so I wear it a little better than some. still my SO tells me to use the treadmill that is in my bedroom... I told her I can't , it has clothes all over it... I removed the cloths and even used the treadmill a few times... She said that I won't gain any weight when she comes, I will only lose. weight, not gain... she doesn't like meat, often... she likes to eat veggies..... I like veggies also, but man does need some freshly killed protein often....

"... but man needs some freshly killed protein often.."

Hell yes!

And the best way to do that is to actually go out and do the killing! Here in Portland the winters are usually socked in -- gray and wet --- I try to escape to the east side of the mountains to hunt chukar (Oct. -- end of Jan. -- my major source of winter exercise)

.... Find that chasing the birds in rough country has a lot more to do with weight loss than eating em' --- But it also helps that I'm a fairly lousy shot -- so after the girls steal the breast meat from my plate from the few birds I do get .... very ususal when I have any seconds.. :(

Roger, I have it on good authority that Trigg really DID get his ass shot of in VN ...

But Trigg lizzard grows em' back bigger and better than ever!   ;)

He still the baaaaaaad man... :(

If I'd a known then that I could regenerate and have it bigger and better than before-I'd a got more 'n just my ass shot off!!