Dr. Phil's show today 4/07

I would actually found the subject more interesting if it was a 50 years old chinese female married to a 30 years old american male - now we are really talking about a balanced debate .

Indeed it has a lot of racial connotation since it does not mention about old taiwanese/japanese male looking for a young bride in mainland China .

On a personal point of view would not marry a woman less than three years younger than me since it would be like marrying my youngest sister ( what she would do with a old rug like me - hehehe ) but that just me I am certainly wrong to think this way .

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Asian philosophy holds that women age 15 years faster than men. Also families want an established man for their daughter not someone starting out. These ways of thinking encourage marriage between younger women and older men.

In our case the difference is 19 years. It doesn't bother either of us nor have I heard of any concern over age in her family. In fact my health has been better than hers, of course that could reverse in a few years. One never really knows what the fates have in store.

Guest lilac6451

That reminds me of a foreign teacher working in my school. He is well over 60 but wants to find a girlfriend of 20, which is really lousy. When I am saying this, I am not refering to your guys,but it is too bad some foreigners take advantage of their status, and do all the idsgusting things anything they like. What do they think they are? Emperor?

I would actually found the subject more interesting if it was a 50 years old chinese female married to a 30 years old american male - now we are really talking about a balanced debate .

Indeed it has a lot of racial connotation since it does not mention about old taiwanese/japanese male looking for a young bride in mainland China .

On a personal point of view would not marry a woman less than three years younger than me since it would be like marrying my youngest sister ( what she would do with a old rug like me - hehehe )  but that just me I am certainly wrong to think this way .

Reminds me at the end of that movie "Joe Dirt", he finds out his gf is really his sister, then later finds out she's not. He can't get his swirve on unless he thought of her as his sister. They show that scene outside the house is rockin'. She's screaming "I'm your sister, I'm your sister, I'm your sister."

Oh man that's funny. :blink: :lol: :huh:

Reminds me at the end of that movie "Joe Dirt", he finds out his gf is really his sister, then later finds out she's not. He can't get his swirve on unless he thought of her as his sister. They show that scene outside the house is rockin'. She's screaming "I'm your sister, I'm your sister, I'm your sister."

Oh man that's funny.  ;)  :D  :P

Or the movie, "Obsession"...

Man's wife and daughter is kidnapped for ransom, but he decides not to pay. SO he never sees them again. Many, many years later, he falls in love with a woman in Italy because she evokes the image of his wife, although she is much younger, but they get engaged. He comes home one day and finds a random for his fiancee !! This times he is frantic and puts the money in a suitcase, bu then hears nothing after the dropoff... then he goes the next day to the site and finds his suitcase with shredded paper inside??? Now frantic turns crazy... In the end, she turns out to be his kidnapped daughter !! Closes with her attempting suicide... he rushes to her side and discovers the 'Opedius' shock ... as she is crying 'daddy' in his arms.

I have no idea where I'm going with this...

My hubby is four years older than me...where does that leave us?

I dunno :blink: Is this a trick question? :huh: Let's see if he is four years older then you should also be four years younger than him. So if you are both traveling in time at the same rate of speed then which one of you will arrive at your 50th wedding anniversary first?

It seems a bit confusing but I think it means GUZ better get his act together so the two of you can get together and decide where it leaves you.

Ever been to Sandusky, Ohio? All abooooooard !!! For Anaheim, Azusa and Cucamonga!!

"What do they think they are? Emperor?"

No, Lilac, since you are new here, wouldn't expect you to know: But that would be AKA Trigg Lizzard.... in a time far ago, and in a land "Rar Rar" away..... We wer all much younger then, here at the Candle.... BTW the fact that Trigg was Emperor had nothing to do with an age difference... (although, now as I recall .... there was 'China Girl'....)

(Hope you will keep posting Lilac, even if this response seems totally off the wal to you!)

:blink:

"What do they think they are?  Emperor?"

No, Lilac, since you are new here,  wouldn't expect you to know:  But that would be AKA Trigg Lizzard.... in a time far ago, and in a land "Rar Rar"  away.....  We wer all much younger then, here at the Candle....  BTW the fact that Trigg was Emperor had nothing to do with an age difference...  (although, now as I recall .... there was 'China Girl'....)

(Hope you will keep posting Lilac, even if this response seems totally off the wal to you!)

;)

Lilac sometimes the oldsters here go into a fog and daze off remembering the good old days... :blink: We newer arrivals put up with it and even try to humor them. Now as a newer arrival you may interpret this as us being a little crazy :blink: And you may be right. But we have earned it by hanging out here waiting for the Great Guz Consulate that has even more power over us than an Emperor second only to the power our girlfriends and wives have.

So pardon our zaniness and you are welcome to sit and wait with us if you are involved in the visa process. We are really harmless :huh: except maybe Roger and Lu Li has a muzzle on him :lol:

Welcome

Guest lilac6451

Thank all your guys for replying. Though I feel disgusting about a grandpa _granddaughter kind of love, I will gradually get used to it,when I read more here and see more in daily life.All things happen nowadays. I dont blame the grandpas, I only want to kindly remind them of their"Granddaughters"_dont let them fly away.