Ok, I'm breathing a little better now.

Feathers268, are you saying that she wrote in her name in Pinyin instead of using the code? And everything was ok?

I'll still try to change it, but I hope it doesn't cause anymore delays. We are working against the clock, and continually losing.

Thanks guys, for responding so quickly!

Ok, I'm breathing a little better now.

Feathers268, are you saying that she wrote in her name in Pinyin instead of using the code? And everything was ok?

I'll still try to change it, but I hope it doesn't cause anymore delays. We are working against the clock, and continually losing.

Thanks guys, for responding so quickly!

Thats it exactly. Now I am not certain in that we don't have an interview yet, but I had recieved an e-mail from GZ 2 weeks ago saying that we are on que and according to other peoples findings here, if we had been stuck in name check, they would have said so. If I understand the use for the code, it is to insure that less common characters can be hard for GZ to deal with so it is to make sure they get the name right. It could have been that my SO's name in general didn't cause any problems. But that is just a guess on my part.

I e-mailed Guangzhou today with the correct Telegraphic Code of her name. In case anybody makes this mistake in the future and freaks out the way I did, here's the response from GZ:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail.

It is ok. The applicant can confirm it at the window when she come to

interview.

Best regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Right on. Good news. Iy's easy to get paniced when they are constantly telling you not to screw up. I was a little puzzled over the same thing and saw the same fine print Chinese wife did. Write her name in pin yin or put the telegrafic code. Why bother even putting that on the form in the 1st place?