My Theory on CR1s

I think the evidence so far shows that CR1's are not treated any different than K1/K3 at a certain point in time. The question is which point in time. I can only repeat the standard refrain that we need more people to put their time lines in their signatures. Of course at the rate it is going, perhaps those lurkers are simply waiting until it is back to how it was a year ago, a very short wait time.

Because we only have two recent CR1's, I can see it might be easy to think it is going to take longer, but really, your time line is still within this weeks P4 recipients range of wait time, and next weeks as well. Recent P4's on the 01 forum show two CR1 as follows;

Name-----------------P3---------P4------Interview---#days--P4/Interview---P3 to P4

XingTinsley-------11/08/04---03/23/05---04/27/05---170---------35----------135

格裙å­36------------12/10/04---03/27/05---05/26/05---167---------60----------107

Their P3 to Interview wait times are not out of line with the K1/K3 around them, just like the two recent ones on CFL.

Lets project your time line based on just these two assuming your P4 is assigned on March 28th or April 4th;

Name-----------------P3---------P4------Interview---#days--P4/Interview---P3 to P4

jgrier5-----------12/01/04---03/28/05---05/17/05---167---------50----------117

jgrier5-----------12/01/04---04/04/05---05/17/05---167---------43----------124

As we can see by looking at the P4 to Interview time, it would not be unreasonable to expect more time before you could hear about an interview date if it were on or near May 17th.

I think there is still time to be real patient.

On my paperwork after the I-130 approval. It said on the cover letter, Priority date: Aug 15th, 2004. I thought the date would have signifigance to my place in line. After looking it up, it does. Not for the CR-1 though. It establishes place in line for the I-130. The dates for the I-130 are around the same as the CR-1. I thinks that's why we have seen a handful of CR-1's here asking do they go with the K3 or the CR-1. That's the way I understand it anyways.

well i have been waiting 5 months and still have not gotten my I864 or IV bill yet (NVC says IV bill will be mailed in the next few weeks) so I will wait for the bill, wait for the 864 and then wait for the p3. Send the 230 to my wife then she will send it. When will my case be complete?, is that the p3 date? or is it when we get the p3 packet? Then i have to wait for her interview. Am I looking at least 6 or 7 more months? Our priority date is oct 21, 2004. I think i will just stay in china with my wife, that is if i can get permission from military to stay there.

mark

Nooneufo I would have to disagree with you on that, you got your visa interview date before me! LOL!

But seriously, look at BeijingJenny and Olemann...Olemann waited about 4 months for his P4 after his namecheck was done. BeijingJenny wiated even longer...But for K3/K1 as soon as the P3 has been rec. they are put in que...so I think that is where the difference lies.

jgrier5,

You must of missed that day in lectures.

The amount of time the two recent CR1's waited for their P4 was the same as those in the same week as their Case Cases Completed date. Their wait times from P3 into Computer at NVC is the same as those in the same week for their time to P4. With only two people to go on it is hard to be sure. With the two recent CR1's from the 01 forum, who post their P3 date (unclear what is meant by that, but lets assume it is when they sent off the ds-230), they also fall directly into the pattern of those around them. In the case of Beijingjenny, which is DCF, I make note that no DCF I have matches anyone, however she had an additional 20 days from those around her P3 reported date.

If we use your backround check complete, we would add another month onto your wait time. I see no pattern associated with the few reports of this versus the P4, although I keep checking it. This is why I think everyone is already scheduled around the P3 time, because if you compare all three dates, P3, P4, Interview, it is only the P3 in the computer that lines up one after another. This would only make sense for two reasons I can think of, interview is assigned when received, or each actual folder is sitting in a stack, and it is the next one that gets pulled off that gets assigned. Or possibly a combination of the two because of the backward reporting of P4's, while P3 wait times line up. Why would they be backwards otherwise?