I am just curious about your timeline( 05-08-04 Met. 06-28-04 got married). How much do you know about a person in such a short time. I have heard a story. An American guy met a Chinese woman who is from Shanghai on the Internet. They knew each other for a very short time. She was just divorced one week before he came to Shanghai and met her. He never knew, even on the day before he arrived in China. She was still with her ex. They got married during this visit. After they got married and the husband went back to US, then she went back to her ex. the new husband never knows about this. This is a ture story. I write down this story here, want to remind people to be very careful, and try to learn more about the person you want to marry.

I am just curious about your timeline( 05-08-04 Met. 06-28-04 got married)....

Welcome to CFL Tommie,

There are stories like that reported right here at CFL. And I admit that I had some doubts last May and early June. No longer! If you're curious about this subject look at the older posts in other forums- for example "Our Stories" and "Culture and Langauge Discussion".

The details of building our relationship prior to the date of meeting are not listed in my timeline (it's too long as it is with JUST my NVC experiences while here in China). Just for reference I live here in Shanghai with my wife- been here about 8-1/2 months so far.