citizen hour at GuangZhou

i will be in Shenzhen a little more than a week, and i would like to go to the citizen hour in Guangzhou.

i've read conflicting information about what day or time this is give.

what is the most recent correct day/time? just so i can be there at the right time.

and is it something that my fiancee can also attend with me? or is it just for US citizens?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I am in China now, visiting my SO.

I received this reply to my question about when the American Citizen hour is.

I will go this friday, and see what its like.

The website said Monday 3-4. I just wonder now if their email reply was up to date or if it is still another day.

=====================

Subject: RE: Re:American Citizen Hour - Confirming day and time

The citizen hour for immigrant visa is on Fridays, which starts at 3:00pm.

Please arrive 10-15 minutes earlier and ask security guards for admission to

IV unit for information session. It is only available for U.S. citizens.

American Citizen Service Unit

This email is UNCLASSIFIED based upon the provisions of E.O. 12958

Pingme:

When I e-mailed ACS in November, the response I received was that the Citizens Hour was to be moved to Friday starting in January 2005. The website says Monday ????

I will be in Shenzhen in April and was planning on traveling to the US Consulate at GZ for Citizens Hour.

If you determine what day; Friday, Monday, or other day please let me know.

Thanks

Mark

I tried to go a couple of fridays ago before Nicole's interveiw, guard confirmed it was on that day Friday's now. I didn't see anyone that looked like other american citizens, I.E. foreigners there. Big line, I suspect maybe for picking up visa's issued the day before.

All very confusing, I just said "@#%it and left" was there on other business anyway so it wasn't a total wasted trip.

If you dig around the website long enough, you'll find several different days. Just go with the Friday at 3 deal for the moment I think.

Bob

When I went to the citzens's hour in Sept it was on Thursday, and now it is on Friday. But there were many foreigners at teh meeting. I would say about 60 or 70 % were nationalized citzens. There is one line for peopel picking up the visas and another for people going to the information hour.

Dave