Another NVC question

OK, I am a little confused. I am going to send my tax return transcripts, which I obtained from the IRS, to the NVC with my I-864. (I'm doing CR-1.) I am unclear, however, about W-2s. I did read the archives here, but still am not 100 percent sure ...

I am missing my W-2s from one particular year. They are being mailed to me from my former employer. But I would really like to get this thing out the door and in the mail ...

Though the letters that came with the I-864 said to send W-2s, the I-864 itself clearly says W-2s are only needed for years in which you filed jointly.

So what I'm wondering is, what have been your experiences? Has anyone gotten away without W-2s for some or all of the years?

Thanks!

James:

I made sure I had copies of my W-2 for all three years. I realize the instructions state this is not required. However, in my opinion I believe they are required by some NVC reviewers. If you visit VisaJourney.com, there are cases of individuals who were RFEd for lack of W-2s.

If you think the W-2s will arrive this week, then I believe the few days lost will provide some piece of mind. My I-864 review was just completed and I included W-2s for all three years. Its your call !!!

Mark

I just sent in copies of mine... and you should be a bit patient and wait it out. Better to hold your package a few extra days then send it in, the get it returned for more proof, which will delay it longer then if you sent it in... .. hmmmm did that make sense??? ;)

B)