To adopt - or get engaged?

This is more meant to be a humorus topic rather than something serious.

Maura Harty has mentioned:

"She also said how adoptions are a priority. I asked her if they were more important than immediate family, more important than my husband? She said, no they are not.... "

and on the Guangzhou website you can read their announcement:

http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzho...nnoucement.html

"The American Consulate General in Guangzhou gives the highest priority to the adoption community. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions."

So while driving home today, i wondered, should i have adopted my fiancee first? is there any age limit on how old someone can be and still be adopted?

its probably not possible, but it would be nice. i adopt my fianceee, she arrives here with the highest priority and probably less cost.

but i wonder can you marry someone you have adopted?

as can be seen, there are all sorts of crazy senarios, if only Guangzhou would treat everything as a high priority.

i wonder how much an adoption visa costs? my guess is less than a K1 or K3 visa. so isn't that a kicker, we wait longer, we pay more, and we receive more hassle and red tape. all the while paying more for it!

That is not true in Mississippi, we prefer to marry people who are natural members of the family. If she ain't good enough for her own family, then she ain't good enough for ours.

:angry:

Dave

PS..Interesting ideal though. Sorta of like Woody Allen and Mia's adopted daughter.

So while driving home today, i wondered, should i have adopted my fiancee first? is there any age limit on how old someone can be and still be adopted?

It would look kind of funny to see you pushing her in a baby stroller from the White Swan to the consulate!!!............. :lol: :P

Gene puddle..is that one of them funny looking dogs shaved in the middle and most of the tail. I thought they was from France. I know where you can buy 1 million French rifles, never fired and only dropped once. :D

We in Mississippi do not go for older women. 15 only if she is a widow with 2 kids. :D

Woody had it right. Find an American woman to sponsor the adoption, and then go behind her back and fall for the adoptee. Then marry her and everything will be ok.

Wish I had thought of that last year.

Dave

We in Mississippi do not go for older women.  15 only if she is a widow with 2 kids.   :P

Mississippi virgin=Ugly twelve year old who can outrun her brothers

ha ha ha ha ha you guys are too cruel!!!!!

But I thought the "old enough to bleed, old enough to breed" rule applied to anywhere south of the mason dixon line! :P

The question is, after the wedding, do you call her sister, cousin or wife? B) B) :lol:

We in Mississippi do not go for older women.  15 only if she is a widow with 2 kids.   :P

ha ha ha ha ha you guys are too cruel!!!!!

But I thought the "old enough to bleed, old enough to breed" rule applied to anywhere south of the mason dixon line! :P

The question is, after the wedding, do you call her sister, cousin or wife? B) B) :lol:

In TN we a re a bit more selective so we have adapted the "old enough to pee=old enough for me" philosophy.

We in Mississippi do not go for older women.  15 only if she is a widow with 2 kids.   B)

Daddy, daddy, I'm getting married, and she's still a virgin. Hell, son, if she's not good enough for her family, she's not good enough for you. :P

Sorry, it's a Southern thing.