And now the longest wait -

Yes, we have gotten to that fateful day (somehow!!);)

Here I am killing time waiting for the good news.B)

I do have one tidbit so far - got to the consulate at 7:45 - only had about 30 people ahead of us and she got into the building in about 10 or 15 minutes.

Aside from that, GZ has been cold and dreary - maybe 1 hour of sun in the last week. Feels like 100% humidity, but at least it is not actually raining right now. Found a high speed internet cafe close to our hotel for 2.5 yuan/hour !!

Oh yea, If you want to take some mock wedding pictures, we found a great place - they provided her with a choice of wedding dresses and me with a tux. They also dressed us up in traditional Chinese wedding garb. They did her makeup and hair and then had a good photographer take 39 shots of us in front of about 12 different backgrounds. All for 288 yuan. We wound up with 20 shots that we liked and my SO bargained with them for 2 hours to get a CD with the 20 pictures we wanted for an additional 200 yuan. Their name is Dragon Photography - I'd post more details, but my SO has their business card. I'll post the pictures also when we get the disk.

I will fill you guys in with the interview details tomorrow after she actually has her visa in hand - don't want to jinx ourselves by celebrating the white slip only!!!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, we have gotten to that fateful day (somehow!!);)

Here I am killing time waiting for the good news.B)

I do have one tidbit so far - got to the consulate at 7:45 - only had about 30 people ahead of us and she got into the building in about 10 or 15 minutes.

Aside from that, GZ has been cold and dreary - maybe 1 hour of sun in the last week. Feels like 100% humidity, but at least it is not actually raining right now. Found a high speed internet cafe close to our hotel for 2.5 yuan/hour !!

Oh yea, If you want to take some mock wedding pictures, we found a great place - they provided her with a choice of wedding dresses and me with a tux. They also dressed us up in traditional Chinese wedding garb. They did her makeup and hair and then had a good photographer take 39 shots of us in front of about 12 different backgrounds. All for 288 yuan. We wound up with 20 shots that we liked and my SO bargained with them for 2 hours to get a CD with the 20 pictures we wanted for an additional 200 yuan. Their name is Dragon Photography - I'd post more details, but my SO has their business card. I'll post the pictures also when we get the disk.

I will fill you guys in with the interview details tomorrow after she actually has her visa in hand - don't want to jinx ourselves by celebrating the white slip only!!!

That price is descent.

However, my darling was the supervisor of such a similar company back in her home city before she started the interview process.

I never though to tell people about this fact, but if anyone wants such a deal, I can talk with her, and we can likely arrange a large discount or extra bonuses for people through CFL (that is, if they have not already broken their links with her since she stopped working there).

If nothing else, she can help with setup and other such things! And wow, you should see the demo photos that they arranged a few years back...stunning!

UPDATE: Seems that SOP is to collect the medical forms and biometric scan data in the morning and schedule the interviews for 1PM.

My Amy was back at Blenz at 10:00AM with another appointment for the interview at 1:00PM. Maybe the VO's use this 3 hour break to review their cases . . . .

Anyway, STILL WAITING

P.S. we did have 5 minutes of sun!!

That's funny right there. Hey Steve, did I just pass you at the Consulate? I went to get my I-134 notoraized and now we are in a net bar near the medical records hospital place.

ShuPing told me that they want the medical and biometrics records first and then come back to talk to the VO in the afternoon. I said, no, I don't think that's right. Once again, my LaoPo is right and I am wrong.

Yeppers. My darling was asked to come back at 1pm too. Luckily after getting inside she was one of the first to be interviewed. She should be back in a few hours from now (about 3 more) to pick up her passport with visa (at least that is what she was told with the white slip yesterday).

If anyone sees her (she is with both of her parents) say hello!

And for all of you milling about and grinding down your shoes, there is a really nice Ming Era house (one of the most nice ones in all of southern china) which is not too far away, only 2 subway stops! Ask me for directions if you want...

Good Luck, and remember, be friendly, speak English as much as possible, and it will all go fine!!! :unsure: (at least I hope...)

WHITE SLIP !! WHITE SLIP !! WHITE SLIP !!

Interview took 2 minutes. She met me back in Blenz at about 2:30.

Do you speak English? Yes, but most of the interview was in Chinese.

How did you meet? On line, month and year.

Do you have e-mails? She showed them a 1" stack of chats - he pointed out one line and asked her to read it - what does it mean? She told him

When was his last divorce? She told him the month and year.

Do you have letter from his work. Gave him notarized letter.

Do you have pictures? Showed him many.

That was it. Did not look at 134 at all. Did not look at my hand written letter. Did look at a few other things that she was able to show him like a print out of a web page I made for her.

Keeping our fingers crossed untin tomorrow after 4PM.

THAT'S ALL FOLKS !!!

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE STILL WAITING!!!

I'm very afraid,.. There's a fire in the sky in Guangdong Province....The sun?? That's what it is??

Good Luck Steve and Amy.. We'll be up that way tomorrow afternoon to pick up Nicole's medical packet from the hospital. If I see a couple of folks dancing down the street I'll know it's you.

If you see someone getting whacked over the head with a medical packet.. Thats' me!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you both!! :wub: :D :D

Bob