Stepped In It Big Time

Congrats Mark and ShuPing!!! :lol: :D :D

I feel your pain with the one-way tickets. I used NWA to go to GZ and bring Quan home, and I paid more for her OW than for my RT. While it seems very unfair, this is how the airlines make money and how they are able to offer discount RT economy tickets in the first place. They mostly sell the OW tickets to business travellers who pay a premium for the convenience of complex itineraries and multi leg travels. My advice is suck it up this once with United (I'm not a huge fan also, but they are much better than NWA), try to get seated together and accompany ShuPing back with the knowledge that this will be the last OW ticket you need to buy.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news Mark! Now get her home so that future democrat child of yours can be born in america and run for president on an anti war, pro choice, pro social programs platform. After all it is a time honored american tradition to rebel against your parents.

Great news Mark! Now get her home so that future democrat child of yours can be born in america and run for president on an anti war, pro choice, pro social programs platform.   After all it is a time honored american tradition to rebel against your parents.

sweet!

$35 on a bus ticket for a 3hr ride from HK instead of a

$80 plane ticket for a 30 min ride from HK?

GZ will just look at you as a cheap guy.

"Fred Mertz goes to GZ".

<_<

Great news Mark! Now get her home so that future democrat child of yours can be born in america and run for president on an anti war, pro choice, pro social programs platform. After all it is a time honored american tradition to rebel against your parents.

Curse on you Carl! May the wind of a thousand camels blow directly in your face!

Fred Mertz is an apt discription, pfkops. No matter how cheap I try to do things, it always seems to cost me more.

We are going to suck it up and fly together. $800 for some togetherness and assurance that she won't get waylaid or have further problems is worth it. Otherwise we're paying $600 for uncertainty and stress and lord knows what all. Not to mention her 5 suitcases. We plan to buy a larger suitcase to cram the contents of 2 broken ones in bringing us to 4 suitcases and 3 carry-ons. If we don't go together, there's no way my pregnant wife would ever make it through 4 different airplanes in 3 different cities without some major trauma.

So fear not my CFL family, we'll just keep on perservering.

Spoke with Lowell this morning and he's feeling better. Trying to get out of China ASAP and hopes to be gone tonight. His words were, "I've had about enough of China for now". They may be stuck here until Friday if he can't get the tickets changed up.

Lucy's it is. For all you folks here in GZ, Lucy's at 5:30 on Monday. I'll post it on the GZ hookup thread too.

Man,  Wish I could be there....

Now, lets all chant together:  "Storm the Consulate, Storm the Consulate, Storm the Consulate  ~!!!" <_<

That's a damn dirty lie Kim!!! You and your wife need to apologize now!!! No one has EVER stormed the consulate!!! You weren't even there, your wife wasn't there, your mom wasn't there!!! Why must you make up lies??? Why do you hate Chinese women so much??? ahem... er... oops... Sorry, wrong thread :P lol

Congratulations Mark!!!!!! :angry: :D :D

Man,  Wish I could be there....

Now, lets all chant together:  "Storm the Consulate, Storm the Consulate, Storm the Consulate  ~!!!"   :P

That's a damn dirty lie Kim!!! You and your wife need to apologize now!!! No one has EVER stormed the consulate!!! You weren't even there, your wife wasn't there, your mom wasn't there!!! Why must you make up lies??? Why do you hate Chinese women so much??? ahem... er... oops... Sorry, wrong thread :P lol

Congratulations Mark!!!!!! :P :D :D

Oh! *that thread*

Wow, I can barely remember it myself...I think that my first 2-3 posts were when that thread was just reaching its climax...

BTW: does anyone know what ever happened to the people involved in that thread?

Great news Mark! Now get her home so that future democrat child of yours can be born in america and run for president on an anti war, pro choice, pro social programs platform.   After all it is a time honored american tradition to rebel against your parents.

Curse on you Carl! May the wind of a thousand camels blow directly in your face!

Mark...

I am seeing the future...

And your kids, wait, they are even more liberal than I am!

Muhahaha! :P

--

Good Luck getting home, together (I think that is the right decision)!!

Congratulations to Mark and ShuPing. I wish I could have been in China for the interview, but ours went well this week too. If you storm the consulate, remember it was just a lie started by the Communist loving members of the CIA. They had a few adult beverages and could not get all the niffty decoder rings to work. So they just wanted to use the super secret ultra machine to send congratulations to you.

:rolleyes: :P

:greenblob: :redblob: :greenblob: :redblob:

Dave

"BTW:  Does anyone know what ever happened to the people in that thread?" 

Thanks Lele,

Update: Three (at least) of the: "Storm The Consulate ~!"  SISTERS  are now in America !

.... Including my Fei.....

No word on "Cookie"

Congrats on your Fei coming through!!!

Wait, no one knows what ever happened to the cookie-monster? to the cookiester? to the cookie-in-ator?

Too bad in a way...at least she kept the discussions quite lively at the time, and kept us all on our toes about how small cultural and personality differences can blow up if people are not careful (Trying to see the bright side, even if it is really hard to find...).

I certainly hope that everyone who is well intentioned makes it through and can be reunited with family, and work to synergize in the future. :D