Hey all you folks in GZ from March 1 to March 9, let's get together and get to know each other in person. Last year ShuPing and I had a little get together in Nanning and she made some good friends. No reason why we can't do it again.

If your SO will be in GZ alone, s/he can hook up with us and we'll provide some moral support. CFL people are 99.9% golden and we're here to support one another in the good and bad times. Drop me a PM or e-mail if you're interested and I'll try to arrange it all.

Anybody flying into Hong Kong on 2/28 United flight 869 from San Fran? I'll be on it.

This is a wonderful idea!

So far, my darling has *only* met 3 other people, and they were all going to the hospital because they were brothers and sisters of LPRs and Citizens. Not another K1.

She *did* meet one K3, but that person never posts here.

She will arrive in GZ in the evening on Feb 27, and her parents will arrive on Feb 28th. She has only been to GZ for a single day before, when due to an error we had to stay a day to make a flight (we had some fun that day).

If someone would be willing to meet with her, I am sure that she would be willing to trade by helping you to learn about Qing/Ming dynasty pottery (or at least how to tell a real "antique" from a fake one). :lol:

Just send me a PM and I can send you some details.

Also, if you know of a relatively safe and inexpensive place for them to stay, that would be great (we know that we can likely get a place near the train station for 90-100rmb/night, but I am worried about the distance from there to the consulate (even though I believe I saw that the subway went there).

She hopes to have a visa in hand by March 3rd and to leave on March 4th, for all of you other early-birds. :lol:

Hey all you folks in GZ from March 1 to March 9, let's get together and get to know each other in person.  Last year ShuPing and I had a little get together in Nanning and she made some good friends.  No reason why we can't do it again.

If your SO will be in GZ alone, s/he can hook up with us and we'll provide some moral support.  CFL people are 99.9% golden and we're here to support one another in the good and bad times.  Drop me a PM or e-mail if you're interested and I'll try to arrange it all.

Anybody flying into Hong Kong on 2/28 United flight 869 from San Fran?  I'll be on it.

I would love to join but not sure yet since I'll have to travel a lot on business during that time. But I can definately give moral support and advice of venue and other things. Don't forget I was born and brought up in GZ, so if I am be able to join, I'll be an excellent guide. :P

Lele, I think it would be pretty good to get the girls together, it worked out well the last time. PM me if you want ShuPing's TEL for your girl.

ShuPing is already there and has a hotel room at the Hotel Landmark Canton, paying 100RMB per night. I don't know where it is or how ratty it is, but I'm hoping it's not too bad.

The place we stayed at before was adequate, but definitely not a 5 star hotel. Come to think of it, it was probably not a 2 star. If a person isn't too particular about where they sleep that place was fine.

Corvette, it would be great to have you join us whenever you can. Send me your TEL or ask for ours and we'll see what happens.

Who says Portland gets to have all the fun? Kind of ironic, Portland is a helluva lot closer than GZ, but we'll have attended 2 get togethers in China compared to none in the US. I hope we can get a good turn out.

Would be happy to get together with some other members.

I arrive in Guangzhou 10pm March 5th.

Pingxiu has her interview March 8th.

We will most likely be busy the 7th on last minute details.

Just tell us where and when. We should be there no problem.

My self, I 've been to two Portland get together's, but who says we can't have a good time any where.

Look forward to it.

Michael

Sorry on the lateness of the arrangements, but I've been busy with some other issues.

Let's plan on the evening of March 7th. We'll know about our visa and I think the most people will still be here to get together.

Not sure where to eat, but if anyone has any suggestions, let me know. Also, PM me if you need our telephone number.

Yes, Nanning Get Together II, I hope we'll see everyone who's here, there.

A slight update. We'll meet at 5:30 on the 7th, but I'm not sure about the location. I'll post it as soon as we decide on a place.

So far we've met Wayne and Jiejun - (olmanoman1950) and Lowell and Jun (Maxmilagro). Both very nice couples and a pleasure to meet. Lowell and Jun have headed off for parts unknown, but hopefully Wayne and Jiejun will have dinner with us.

Alright. For everyone in GZ on Monday. We'll meet at Lucy's at 5:30 Monday night.

I hope everyone will be there. If you need info on where it's at or need to call me, PM me and I'll give you our telephone number.

Bring your cameras and happy faces, we'll be wearing a smile no matter what happens on Monday (we'd better have a visa in hand or I'll be looking to open some cans of Whoopass).

Lele, if Rong is still here, we expect to see her and her parents.