Cory,

Call us and we'll hang around after 7, if you can make it. I'll send ShuPing's cell number, can't remember if you have it, but I'll send it again.

As far as Lucy's goes, I've never been there, but it's all I had to go on. Where were you when I was asking for suggestions? No problem, if you want, we can ask everyone if they want to move when you get there. I'm all for bar hopping.

The Guangzhou get together was a great success. The members who were there were Mark and Shuping, Mike and Xiao, Wayne and JieJun, Corevtte, Ling, Myself and Lisa. It was a really nice way to meet, before the big day.

Of course Mark and Shuping were in celebration mode. We just had a nice relaxing evening chatting and making new friends. What a great tool candle has been for this as well as answering the much needed questions.

Lucy's food was pretty good, western style and reasonable price. The only glitch to the evening was bill payment time. The waitress had trouble with the money. I finally figured out she was having trouble trying to find out how to get my change. She was ten yuan short. I said, not to worry, just not enough to spoil a great evening over.

Mark should be posting some pictures on the photo site soon.

I would recommend to members going over for interview to make time to have a get together. It was a great idea Mark. Hope many others follow.

Mike

Guest blsqueaky

I talked to the wife the other day, and she told me that she really enjoyed meeting everyone, and really had a good time, and that she even drank some beer. It was also nice that she was able to meet Yvette since Cory lives close to us.

Mark, thanks for the great idea and calling Ling and inviting her along.

Thanks to everyone who came to our little get-together. It was a blast!

ShuPing and I got there about an hour before everyone else did. We had nothing else to do after ShuPing got her visa. I took advantage of the 2-for-1 TsingTao drafts while we waited and was feeling pretty good by the time 5:30 rolled around.

Contrary to Mike's previous statement, I don't have pictures to post, but I am going to set up a posting in the gallery for Mike and Mike to post their pics. I'll throw in a couple of pics from our dinner with Lowell and Jun, but it's up to those who remembered to bring the cameras to post the pics.

Mark, I'm really glad Ling was able to come, it was really nice to meet her and see her pictures.

Yvette, I'm also happy you decided to come by. I know Lucy's probably isn't your favorite restaurant, and work kept you late, but you made it. It was great to meet you.

Same with everyone else, it was really wonderful to see you guys there. I hope we can all meet over here soon. ShuPing said everyone was very kind and warm, and that's her stamp of approval.

Guest blsqueaky
Thanks to everyone who came to our little get-together.  It was a blast! 

ShuPing and I got there about an hour before everyone else did.  We had nothing else to do after ShuPing got her visa.  I took advantage of the 2-for-1 TsingTao drafts while we waited and was feeling pretty good by the time 5:30 rolled around.

Mark, I'm really glad Ling was able to come, it was really nice to meet her and see her pictures.

Same with everyone else, it was really wonderful to see you guys there.  I hope we can all meet over here soon.  ShuPing said everyone was very kind and warm, and that's her stamp of approval.

Mark, again thanks. Now is that happy hour great or what. I know that I enjoy every time that I am there. Whenever Ling and I are there on Shamian, if she loses me, she knows where to find me, including the family, the first place that they loook :D :D :D

I hope that the wife did not bore you with the pics. I can not imagine what she had to show. :blink: B)

Great that everyone got the stamp of approval