Life is changing

So the old timers like Trigg and Frank have warned us all that life as we know it will be gone forever after our loved ones arrive home. You know? Mine sure is, but it's not at all as wrenching as they make it sound. People always laugh that a man's life is over when he gets married. This is anything but that...

Since Ningning & I got home, every day brings new suprises. She was a bit worried about me being tense sometimes, but the other night she commented that I seem more relaxed here. I hadn't noticed. A couple of days ago I came home for lunch to find a big ol' plate of homemade fried rice. Man, was that a great lunch. There are no Chinese grocers in this small city, so we started at the Mexican market where she found many things she wanted. During that shopping trip, we were both a bit hungry, so sat down at the food court and she had her first taco. It was a bit humorous watching the stuffing fall out the back and the tortilla split along the bottom, but she stuck it out and finished it. She understands that these little things make me laugh because I don't realize until I watch her that nearly everything we do is a learned skill.

Today we went to a Chinatown area in another city and found a good Chinese market. We bought some mussels and some clams and some squid. As we got home, she said she wants to try to make some seafood tacos with Chinese hot sauce. Sounds good to me. Smells even better. Gotta go.

Check out Hawaii Market on Valley Blvd in San Gabriel sometime. They have a great variety and very cheap. 99 Ranch is a nice market too but a little higher price than Hawaii. You wont believe all the types of tofu Hawaii Market carries.

In San Gabriel she can even get a cell phone that displays Chinese.

I can't wait to have Jennifer here so she can join in the fun. :rolleyes: I picked up a chaffing dish and am going to give it a try here in a bit. I have enjoyed finding the local markets such as Lion or Super King markets here in the central valley. I have also tried some of the Asian booze from this place. WOW! any sugqestions.

A chaffin dish??? I gots underwear that do that!

"I gots underwear that do that.." 

....  yeah, but springs is on the way Trigg, and soon, you will be able to change out of the wool longjohns....  the ones with the trap door in back.... and Ling can either wash em' or burn em'  (even for Chinese Wife there are limits to what they will wash....)

Much more comfortable when you's chaffin a dish :rolleyes:

"I gots underwear that do that.." 

....  yeah, but springs is on the way Trigg, and soon, you will be able to change out of the wool longjohns....  the ones with the trap door in back.... and Ling can either wash em' or burn em'  (even for Chinese Wife there are limits to what they will wash....)

Yup, dern near time ta git out the spring drawers. Soon it's gonna be fishin' season and I gotsa git them spring drawers out cause I keeps the bait in 'em. They gits a bit lumpy and the cold steel of a grenade ain't all that comfy cozy but thems the fish catchinest drawers what ever was.

So the old timers like Trigg and Frank have warned us all that life as we know it will be gone forever after our loved ones arrive home. You know? Mine sure is, but it's not at all as wrenching as they make it sound. People always laugh that a man's life is over when he gets married. This is anything but that...

Since Ningning & I got home, every day brings new suprises. She was a bit worried about me being tense sometimes, but the other night she commented that I seem more relaxed here. I hadn't noticed. A couple of days ago I came home for lunch to find a big ol' plate of homemade fried rice. Man, was that a great lunch. There are no Chinese grocers in this small city, so we started at the Mexican market where she found many things she wanted. During that shopping trip, we were both a bit hungry, so sat down at the food court and she had her first taco. It was a bit humorous watching the stuffing fall out the back and the tortilla split along the bottom, but she stuck it out and finished it. She understands that these little things make me laugh because I don't realize until I watch her that nearly everything we do is a learned skill.

Today we went to a Chinatown area in another city and found a good Chinese market. We bought some mussels and some clams and some squid. As we got home, she said she wants to try to make some seafood tacos with Chinese hot sauce. Sounds good to me. Smells even better. Gotta go.

I love your food-related post, that is great that she would try a taco, I just hope she does not get a crick in her neck trying to learn how to eat them.

After my wife tried burritos she alertly spotted the tortillas in the grocery and instantly adapted the concept to include the ingredients that she wanted, now we have Chinese burritos sometimes!!!!!

Guest hoop5007

Hi .....

I'm a newbie. I'm trying to figure out how to be able to have a picture along with my response. I think it adds familiarity to the response.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question...but I'm not sure where to ask it.

By the way...I thank you all for the information in your posts. It is really helpful....even the arguments.

I have tried to include a digital photo but it says "wrong format" or something like that.

Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to reading and maybe participating in future discussions.

Larry

(oh yes...some of you are on a first name basis and it is confusing when a person is referred to as some of us only know the "handle". I hope to be able to understand this soon)