I want to ask CA who, what office specifically is supposed to be doing the name checks. Why should it take two weeks or 10 working days or 80 working hours to do a name check? WE have given them 10 days already while holding off and "letting them work" and very little seems to be getting done. They are going to have some very angry people to deal with if something does not happen soon.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to ask CA who, what office specifically is supposed to be doing the name checks.  Why should it take two weeks or 10 working days or 80 working hours to do a name check?  WE have given them 10 days already while holding off and "letting them work" and very little seems to be getting done.  They are going to have some very angry people to deal with if something does not happen soon.

SAO's are done by CA/LA office.

The rest... your guess is as good as mine.v CIA FBI? NSA? AARP? LOL

Angry people? They are used to that for 6 months......... Don't think that will make them work harder or care

Then again, I am being cynical again........ Sorry kids

The ONLY way it takes more than 3 weeks is that the namecheck was FUBAR.... Hence those multiple resubs

Yes, AARP must be the ones!!! They have all these geezers in a damp, chilly basement.....they are wracked with arthritis, cataracts, and wheezing......the light is dim as they attempt to page by hand through massive printouts.....moving at a glacial pace while losing their concentration moment by moment. Suddenly there is a power brownout.....the lights are restored within seconds, but the name check crew have all fallen asleep.

Yes, AARP must be the ones!!!  They have all these geezers in a damp, chilly basement.....they are wracked with arthritis, cataracts, and wheezing......the light is dim as they attempt to page by hand through massive printouts.....moving at a glacial pace while losing their concentration moment by moment.  Suddenly there is a power brownout.....the lights are restored within seconds, but the name check crew have all fallen asleep.

rob. I'm worried about you... Are you on drugs????????? :D

He must be.... Even on the phone, he sounds HALF-coherant :D

Yes, AARP must be the ones!!!  They have all these geezers in a damp, chilly basement.....they are wracked with arthritis, cataracts, and wheezing......the light is dim as they attempt to page by hand through massive printouts.....moving at a glacial pace while losing their concentration moment by moment.  Suddenly there is a power brownout.....the lights are restored within seconds, but the name check crew have all fallen asleep.

Hmm... AARP would have done better. The wise man would say "Hey, this young lady don't need no name check, never would never will. A woman terrorist? from China? Hohohoho"

The wife is back and in a much better mood. She went out and spent my money getting her hair done. Sure cure for the blues.

Now it seems to be a moving target as to just what they really do, but the last I heard, and officially I am just guessing here, the name checks were based on FBI info. If a hit occured then the FBI took over and ran more extensive checks. If THAT raises any more questions then you may get thrown into the alphabet soup, CIA and who knows what else. THAT could take forever. I am sure that the CIA really needs to check up on those babies. I will have to admit that I am not upset at all compared to what I would be if I had a baby being delayed for a name check. I may write to Senators about that one even though it doesn't directly effect me.

Two weeks is ten working days is 40 hours. I agree that is way more than should be needed, but none of this is being done as it should.

Owen:

Glad to hear the wife is back and all is again serene on the homefront. Must have been a great hair style. :D

If you are serious about writing a letter about those babies, I would love to sign it. I am still really pissed about that one. :D

The FBI has been the agency in charge of guarding against terrorist activity inside the US, whether foreign or domestic. (The Federal Bureau of Investigation) I am not sure who is in charge of what when the Homeland Security Department officially starts up. Unfortunately, I am not too sure that anybody knows.

The FBI gets the name lists through cooperation with equivalent agencies in other countries. By charter, the CIA is only supposed to operate outside the borders of the US, but they are supposed to supply information to the FBI and others.

In reality, I don't think this has anything to do with name lists or any other such thing. The problem is a total lack of management. The Cabinet posts, such as Powell, are under the Executive branch of the government. It is supposed to be their job to set policy and to see to it that the bureaucrats do their jobs properly. Unfortunately, it seems that the bureaucrats rule and just tolerate the supposed bosses.

By charter, the CIA is only supposed to operate outside the borders of the US, but they are supposed to supply information to the FBI and others.

I think the usual way for CIA to get info is spying. Maybe they are having a hard time getting info about my gals because China is not leaking info to them. Just a thought. :D