Curtains for windows

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok think I'm happy with marrying a Viet Namese woman, she not say anything about curtains, wood floors, tiles  hmmm yet ........hmm china is just north of Viet Nam.......  ok going to have to ask her..... anyone here got experience with Viet Namese women stateside?

Robert

Yup, been to Viet Nam, spen almost four years there and my neighbor married a Viet Namese woman. Different country- but samo samo. Remember-Viet Nam borders Southern China-kinda close to where my wife is from. Ya can't gee=t out of it that easy---HAHAHAHAHAHA

You guys are scaring me.  My SO has already sent a package (on the slow boat) with bed things she bought in China.  Said they are much cheaper, so we will have new things when she arrives.

I don't know how she will react to the carpet thing.  I do have some coworkers that could help with Pergo, if I need to.  But the vinyl floor may have to stay in the kitchen and bathroom, I hope.

I have already learned to say, "Yes Dear".  Am I getting trained well. :P

Dave

Good luck on the slow boat thing.... We are missing two packages and the ones that did make it through looked like they got drug over here. Half the stuff that could brake----Broke..

Before Bing came I knew I needed to replace the carpet so I asked her what she wanted.  Of course she wanted wood floors.  I used Pergo instead but she likes it because it's easy to clean. I have to say they are right though.  When you think about all the dirt and little teeny bugs that can be buried deep inside the carpet mat they are pretty disgusting.  Or maybe I'm being trained to think right I'm not sure.  The tough one was ceramic tile in the kitchen.  Lot of work and no amount of talking on my end could convince her to go with linolium or vinyl.  In fact I can still here the words "no like vinyl !!!!" ringing in my ears.

Im going to do the same thing later... Not the whole house but the kitchen. I need to do the counter tops too.... I tell her --do later... one thing at a time...I only have two hands.. I haven't done counter tops for about 20 years and never have done the pergo floor--but I will update my brain soon and do it...

She ask me how much to put hard-wood floors in the house.... I told her it would be cheaper to buy new house for real hard wood floors..

You give me window measurements in Centermeter,

Is this normal? :o  Anyone else have this happen?

I thought we were getting normal window-size curtains made. Surprise! Normal means to the floor. But the price was right. So, when LiuXia gets here (she told me I am NOT to hang them prior), my whole house will have ceiling to floor curtains. This is not a bad thing, just another quirk I will have to adjust to.

Guest blsqueaky

I must be one of the lucky ones here, never had to put up curtains, never had to take the carpeting out of the bathrom, in fact, she likes that, stays warm.

In fact the only thing that she really changed about the house was to buy some small appliances when she got here, like hot plate, tea kettle, some more pots and pans, never used them, but she has them, and she had shipped here some chinese bed linens, which she alternates for the bed, the ones that I had, when time to wash, puts on the others, etc, etc.

Before she even arrived, she told me not to change anything in our place, and since she has been here, has not changed on item.

Ohhhh, I am so lucky

Before she even arrived, she told me not to change anything in our place, and since she has been here, has not changed on item.

Ohhhh, I am so lucky

I strongly advise you to temper your optimism---she may be backing up to get a running leap at your training--BEWARE BEWARE DANGER DANGER DANGER!!!!!!

My S.O. has not been here or seen our home.. :D But the changed are ordered and I will Obey!Ha, Ha, Ha!

Really, The last thing I want is for her to be too, Home Sick. Besides, I told her this is her home, Make it feel like it.

So now, I think she'll be a little happier. I'm not hanging anything until she gets here. I'll just have to rehang it all anyway. Hell, I'd put the things in upside down or something. This bedspread thing, God,, It's huge and thick!

What's wroung with just a sleeping bag on the bed? :huh: It works for me :D

Sheets, ;) , Just one more thing I have to wash :D

Yes Dear :unsure: What ever you say :unsure: ,

Happy in Phoenix

Rick :P

This bedspread thing, God,, It's huge and thick!

What's wroung with just a sleeping bag on the bed? :D  It works for me :P

Sheets,  ;) , Just one more thing I have to wash :D

Yes Dear :unsure: What ever you say :unsure: ,

Happy in Phoenix

Rick ;)

There is alwasy light at the end of the tunnel--not always an oncoming train. At first she will want you to help her wash---be wary as this is part of your training. Whatever you do in the beggining-she will expect of you forever. Now is when you have an advantage. NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER EVER wash anything and make it clean. ALWAYS, ALWAYS remember if she sees you do it good now, she knows you can do it good again. You will learn to love the words "messy old man, you no can do nothing, you same hietsa. You go watching TV and don't touching clothes again"! Ahhhh, music to my ears. This general show of ineptitude can work across all potential duty areas.

Sure, you can impress her with your abilities to wash and cook and clean, but wouldn't you rather make her feel usefull?? Wouldn't you rather make her feel like she is superior to you in everyway (she probably already knows this anyway)?? Do these simple things and she will be a much happier person (maybe) and you will get rewarded with more time to watch football, lay on the couch, drink beer, and scratch yourself as needed and where needed.

More lessons in a culturally diversed marriage learned the hard way by Trigg :huh: :D

Guest blsqueaky

Ohhhh, I am so lucky

I strongly advise you to temper your optimism---she may be backing up to get a running leap at your training--BEWARE BEWARE DANGER DANGER DANGER!!!!!!

Trigg, I think that you are right. I think that this is going to happen as soon as we get ready to build the new house in about 3 years. i have this little sneaky suspicion, husband you decide.........but I think better if this way, while stomping foot, arms crossed, eyes wide open, Yes Dear, I think that you are right

Trigg!!!!!!! I bought a new washing machine and dyer. Hell I'll even hook up the hot water hose for her if she wants it.

Ok, I understand, Like every good Government Employee, I just need to do a half ass job.

Right :lol:

If you do a good job it means you worked hard and long. If you do a half-assed job it means you did it fast and can lay around scartching and farting.

Either way she will tell you it is wrong and make you do it again???? So, how do you want to spend your free time??? Working or scratching????