WE HAVE OUR P4!

It's been a tumultuous week. Wednesday, in Carson City, Nevada, my sister and father brought my mother, who has had serious health problems for some time, into the hospital for emergency surgery. She died Friday without regaining consiousness, while my brother and I were still trying to get a flight out there; the local airport was closed all day Thursday due to fog and high winds.

So there's been a lot of activity here, hours on the phone with friends and family and making arrangements for services at the end of the week, getting the house ready for people to stay here, talking about death with my 13 yr old son; and at the same time, it seemed that Ying, though very kind and supportive about my mom, was getting more and more depressed and discouraged every day, and there seemed to be no end in sight...

Well, she woke me up this morning VERY excited....the P4 had arrived! Our interview date is February 25...

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.

So now I'm making travel plans again.

By the way...Ying said that

someone on 001 said that

GZ had said that

interviews had been scheduled for all the September P3s.

I hope that's true...

Great news about your P4 and I'm so sorry it came during your time of sorrow. My mom will be 88 in a few months and I hope her health holds out so my Amy can meet her.

On another subject, I hear Reno (one of my former homes) got 6 ft of snow recently and Heavenly got 18 ft! Carson Valley is awesome when it snows. Huge valleys perfectly flat and white surrounded by huge mountains. Hopefully your mom was able to enjoy the sublime beauty of nature before her passing.

We do not know what each day will bring, because tomorrow is not promised to us, but when there is sorrow in our lives, God finds a way to replace it with happiness. Congratulations on your interview and our deepest sympathy go out to you and your family for the loss of your mother.

Melvin and Lianying

What a juxtapostion of events, Bruce. I'm sorry for your loss. Sounds like your mom's passing is something a bunch of us face. Life can be pretty challenging and confusing sometimes. I'm facing my own craziness at work just at the time our interview date finally is happening. (Jun looked so happy and excited on our video call this morning. I'm just trying to keep up.)

Jun's interview is on the 24th of February and I'm leaving for Guangzhou on the 21st so I hope we'll see some of you who are interviewing around that time. In fact, if anyone wants to get in touch with us, email me privately and I can tell you how to reach us.

Thanks for all the trusting sharing everyone.

Thanks to everyone for the kinds words.

It's strange saying goodbye to the woman who was so important to me in the beginning of my life, and then within days, going to get the woman who will be so important to me for the rest of my life...

Hmmm...............

We'd love to meet with any of the couples who will be in GZ around the 23rd, which is when her interview is. I was still fast asleep when she called and thought she said the 25th.

I'm hoping a lot of the other September P4 s can be there...