Earthquake in So Cal

We had a little window rattler this morning, and Yan Zi slept right through it. So, I just now woke her and asked her if she felt it.

She said, "Earthquake? They did not forecast."

I said (laughing incredulously), "Forecast it??? If they could forecast it, people wouldn't die in the damn things!"

Yan Zi: "Well they should forecast. At least in America."

:o

Earthquakes, so scary and so unpredictable. This week in the Midwest (Ohio) we had a huge winter ice storm. Near were I live a tree branch fell due to the weight of ice on a power line and it caused a transformer to blow up. It looked light green lightning, then the power dimmed. It was quite surreal feeling.

"Earthquake?  They did not forecast."

Heheheh

Jiening has the same attitude about earthquakes. The government should tell us when. I was on the phone with her this morning when it happened. It was a very sudden onset, but still a mild event. It startled me more than usual. She got very worried about me. Makes me wonder what she will do when she feels her first one.

"Earthquake?  They did not forecast."

Heheheh

Jiening has the same attitude about earthquakes. The government should tell us when. I was on the phone with her this morning when it happened. It was a very sudden onset, but still a mild event. It startled me more than usual. She got very worried about me. Makes me wonder what she will do when she feels her first one.

yeah phil, that was sort of the point. cracked me up when she said that.

Depends on what map you look at or who you talk to. Generally its De, Md, Nj, Ny, Pa, DC, Va. some maps say Wv too. Some maps do not consider Va or Wv as mid-Atlantic.

The mid-west is considered by some as Oh, In, Il, Mi, Ia and Mo, but I've seen maps that include Wi, and Mi. Once I was researching info about the mid west states and I even found a map that included the central and northern plain states and Texas too as part of the mid-west, Texas a part of the mid west? go figure.

Yeah, have to take issue with that young Southern lad -- JP,

Any state that went rebel against the Union can hardly be called "Mid-Atlantic" ...which I, reserve for those that officially, at least, supported the Union...

I mean, come on! "The Old Dominion??? --- Richmond ~ Capital of the rebel cause?!?!

... come on........ ;)

Yeah, have to take issue with that young Southern lad -- JP,

Any state that went rebel against the Union can hardly be called "Mid-Atlantic"  ...which I, reserve for those that officially, at least, supported the Union...

I mean, come on!   "The Old Dominion???  --- Richmond ~ Capital of the rebel cause?!?!

... come on........    ;)

Beating a dead horse there, aren't you? The "war of northern aggression", I mean......

VA is probably the most mid-atlantic state in the union. Look at a map!

Oh, and don't forget "mother of presidents", and the popular slogan of the 1970's........ ;)