Immigration Attorneys

Okay. That makes sense. They do the work - you sign the form. Cool. Well I'm going to check out the three firms mentioned - for those that are in my shoes, and don't want to go thru all the posts - thus far the following have been suggested:

www.fianceevisas.com

http://www.hervisa.com

and

http://www.hamptonvisas.com

Thanks again for all the great input.

Btw.....someone mentioned the better business bureau in relationship to one of these stating that they were invited to join- word to the wise - you have to apply to the BBB. Just doing what I can to keep everything on the straight and narrow. :blink:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few stats on the subject of lawyers. About 83 % of K-visa petitioners do the paper work themselves. Since I have started coming to CFL 2 years ago every case that was blue slipped eventually resulted in a visa except 2. One is Alex's which is still pending and the other I don't know if the man prevailed or not but he was 70 something marrying a woman whom as I recall was in her late 20s or early 30s. Alex has a lawyer I don't know if the other man did or not.

A lawyer cannot speed up your case if they could we would all use one.

A lawyer only fills out the paperwork and checks for errors. you have to do the legwork yourself. Too much money to proofread a paper if you ask me.

The I-129F and the G-325 A are not that complicated. As dumb as I am I managed.

The money would be better spent on another trip to China which would increase your chances of success more than the lawyer would.

The only time a lawyer is really needed is if there are extenuating circumstances. ie a minor criminal record or a past visa fraud charge or something in your past that could raise a red flag.

Guest hakkamike

Everyone here that has posted is telling you the truth about filling out the paper work. 95% of the work involved in the paper work will be put on you anyway, getting all of the documents required to be sent in for the Visa. The Attorney will fill out the 2 or 3 pages with the information that you give him or her and sent it to the proper Service Center (hopefully). If you are smart enough to find this website, you are smart enough to do it yourself.

Later, Michael Perez

Geez.............I had to register just to respond to this thread. I suppose everyone's situation is different, but, and I'm speaking from personal experience, when something goes wrong or a problem arises it happens somewhere in the middle or end of the process. Like the previous gentleman stated, you better have all your documentation together in the event that you get a consulate officer that happens to be in a bad mood and is looking for a problem.

With that said, I used an attorney  - and I know that they saved me time as they recognized some potential problems that I wouldn't have caught.  I'll also add that when others were being turned down, my fiancee wasn't. Whether this was attributed to having an attorney or not, I'll never know - but, the peace of mind was worth it.

Plus, it was too much darn paperwork and I was too worried I'd mess it up. I also knew that they were capable and experienced to represent me in the event that problems arose and I'd need to have some sort of hearing. But, to each their own.

I used www.hamptonvisas.com - I was very pleased and received outstanding support from beginning to end.

Whatever you decide, good luck, bags!!!

Henry: Excuse me for being a little skeptical, but your first post sounds more like an advertisement then anything else!

What kind of visa did you get? When and where did you start the process and how long did the whole thing take? How much did it cost? How many times have you been to China?

Did your lawyers package really include representation in a hearing after the fact if you were denied? How much more did that cost?

If you would post your personal timelines and experiences like the rest of us have, then your post would have a lot more credibility.

If you are smart enough to find this website, you are smart enough to do it yourself.

And if you are a good enough driver, you don't need to have auto insurance, but......it sure feels good to have it when you need it! But here in California, we don't have a choice! Of course, that's because of all of the Oregonians who come down to see what the sun looks like, and don't understand that the big "70" on the speed limit signs on I-5 actually mean you can drive over 55! :D :D :D

That's for you, Carl, Don, and the rest of you web-footed tourists!

And before this post is deleted, please remember two things:

1. I am a former Oregonian and I still root for the Oregon Ducks!

2. I am just kidding---don't take it so seriously!

:blink: :lol: :P

Guest hakkamike

Having auto insurance is required by law in all states, hiring an Attorney for any legal matter is not? And if you were really smart U would not live in, never mind lol lol.

Later, Michael Perez

Guest hakkamike

You just posted one thing not two.. Origins of the concept of auto insurance can be traced back to the ancient Chinese. It was there the owners of cargo ships would meet with investors before setting sail to the new colonies across the Atlantic Ocean. The owners of these ships would occasionally lose a ship either by sinking or piracy. The group of investors took the gamble of insuring the ship and cargo would arrive safely in exchange for a premium consideration. Marine Insurance is as old as marine trade and has existed in various forms dating back to 3000 BC. Early merchants trading on China's rivers practiced a form of loss control by deliberately spreading a given cargo among several vessels, thereby reducing the potential loss.

Later, Michael Perez

Having auto insurance is required by law in all states, hiring an Attorney for any legal matter is not? And if you were really smart U would not live in, never mind lol lol.

Later, Michael Perez

Maybe a bettter example is having life insurance. It is not required, yet many people choose to pay for it. Very much like an immigration lawyer. You buy peace of mind.

I hired an immigration lawyer that is a chinese lady originally from bieging. I have found her to be very prompt, and very professional. I have asked many questions, and I have always been satisifed with the answer.

I believed my case to be a little complex, although I could have done it myself. I choose to hire an immigration attorney. The cost of $1300 was well spent in my mind.

I would be happy to pass along her contact information to anyone considering an immigration attorney. I am in full agreement with carhil24

I would be happy to pass along her contact information to anyone considering an immigration attorney. I am in full agreement with carhil24

That's right, us Californians on this forum have to stick together against the overwhelming odds of Oregonians. By the way, everyone does know why all of us in California are always wearing sunglasses, right? It's not solely because of the sun, but because of all of the Oregonians coming down on vacation, and the first thing they do is put on shorts and take off shirts, and without sunglasses, all of that white skin is truly blinding!

:P :lol: :lol: